Microsoft Says If You Don't Have Internet: Get Xbox 360, Not Xbox One

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidiamd

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
i would really want this xbox one to outsell ps4, so i can laugh at them once they encounter the biggest downside of the online requirement thing (Sim City and Diablo III)
hueheuehuehue

I have internet, and I still wont buy your Xbox's, you have less shaders than ps4 so your product is inferior. I'll just keep my ps3 for my media centre, maybe ill buy a ps4 if its any good after the price drops after its been out for a while. in the meantime, will enjoy my pc gaming.

graysoniv

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Seriously people get over it. In this day and age it's not outrageous to require an internet connection. It's not even required to be always on, just a 24 hour check in. There are ways to satisfy this like dial up for a few minutes, use your phone as a hot spot, get satellite internet... If there is absolutely no way for you to get a connection then I'm sorry maybe you should move.

Fargradius

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
With a company that made so many wrong decisions (Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Vista (Oh my God!!), and now Windows 8, I am not surprised at their continued crazy destructive (to them) decisions. Any company with significant size and effect on the market should NEVER make such childish claim and statements. You never ever leave potential (and in this case sizable) customers out in the cold especially with remarks as dumb and snobby as these. I will have to say, if they stay in the gaming industry long, I would be surprised. They have VERY few exclusives, their responses to customers needs are very rotten, and their devices are not that impressive. The alternate will be a PS4 or a Nintendo. I am certain that they will not get a penny out of me.

I agree with you on Windows 98 SE, Window Vista and Windows 8. Heck, I'd even throw in Windows ME (sucked!).

I don't think MS's target market with XBOX One is people without internet connections.

I'm not in any way comparing the quality of a Bentley to that of MS, but it's kind of like Bentley releasing a $15K automobile. They won't. They just don't want that customer.

MS doesn't want customers who are not on the internet. That's not unreasonable. They produce a projected amount of units that will sell at $500 a pop and that's the way the profits roll.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I Really dont like the way microsoft is headed with this one, and i was pretty sure most people felt the same way. Watching some of the e3 stuff on youtube, it seems like there are a HUGE amount of people in support of the xbox one, for no other reason that "ps4 sux" or "xbox is teh 0wn". Its a pretty stark contrast to places like toms or anandtech, where commenters are halfway intelligent, and see the xbox for what it is.

The xbox one is going to do fine, because of all the single minded fanboys that will buy the next console from microsoft no matter what drm "features" it comes with.

rna10507

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I always have internet but there will be within some point in some ones life they are going to have to go a couple months without internet just like we did because of money problems. What happens when that does happen ? Guess what you have no game system (Xbox One) I guess my kids will be pretty upset, I'm just going to stick with the PS4, I Like Sony Better anyways and so do a lot of other people based on sales Sony sold over 100 million units of the PS1, Over 150 million units of the PS2, Over 77 million of the PS2. And Xbox Sold over 24 million units of the original Xbox and over 77 million units of the Xbox 360 The Xbox One will be lucky to even sale 50 million units. XBOX SUCKS PERIOD ...............

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

I never allow my kids to play online .. until they are grown ups .. so yea I never connect the console to the internet when they play .

Online gaming allows every filth in the street to enter your home and speak with your children ... it is Dangerous.

as for Adults , true you have internet but it is not everywhere , for example , Car travel , Mountain Vacation home , etc . so big no to MS.

NathanTR

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
It didn't take long for the consumer to realize they were getting less for their money in DIVX over normal DVDs due to restrictions on the physical media. XBox One will be the same. You can buy a $70 PS4 game and have a resale value built into it, or a $70 XBO copy that you must keep forever or eat a restocking fee for an unknown amount.

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Im sure some saleguy will insist onto someone who lives somewhere far and internet unavailable place the pricier XBONE over the 360 using the salestalk "its the new version" and fail to point out that it needs internet connection to play games.
Ooohh, i can just imagine the return rates.

So there's info out there on Sony's stance on reselling PS4 games? I haven't heard anything out of them regarding this. Please link an article. I want to check it out.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Just watch the E3 Sony presentation, I thought the guy made it pretty clear
that they have no intention of restricting used PS4 game sales, lending to
a friend, etc., and that excellent 'how to loan your PS4 game to a friend'
video was just icing on the cake.

I won't be buying either console as I have a PC setup, but IMO the PS4
is looking more and more like the best system to buy for those who do
want a console.

Ian.

I don't think I'll be buying either console for the games, but for the other functionality. If I built an HTPC with the same graphical capabilities, it would cost more than $500 for sure. Either console seems to have decent functionality, but the XBOX Live service itself is well beyond anything Sony has.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
I guess that's where the key difference comes in with respect to how people judge these
products. To me, a console is for games. I couldn't give a hoot about all the other services.
For those who care about *games* on a console, the PS4 is blatantly the better choice.

Ian.

I agree. If you game on a console (and not a PC), the PS4 seems like it will be the clear choice because of its hardware potential. Why would MS give their system a weaker hardware configuration? It just doesn't make sense. The better hardware is what made the 360 the gaming choice for the current gen.

jramirez

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
Why is everyone flipping out about having to be connected to the internet all the time. When isn't you console not connected all the time. I can't remember the last time my consoles, tablets, phones, etc. weren't connected to the internet. You people just need to stop whining. If you're not going to buy it don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.