Microsoft Unveils a Brand New Windows Logo

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]capeconsultant[/nom]This looks like shitty clip art from Print Shop 2.0! What the hell is wrong with them. COLORS for God's sake! I cannot believe they paid money for that crappy look. And that aquamarine bullshit color! What is up with that? Looks like an "all electric" 1950's kitchen.I will stick with 7 because of that alone.[/citation]

You mean like this?

483px-Own_apple_logo.svg.png

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Wow! After 20+ years we are getting the sam Logo as Windows 1.0 Does it mean that Windows 8 will be a 16 bit shell over DOS again?Windows 1.0 was a poor rip-off, I guess Windows 8 will try to rip off Apple iOS again?[/citation]

In this world, both Hypnojobbs and Gates stole GUI from Xerox. Come back once you invent time machine.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]unther[/nom]I laughed at the fact that Windows ME wasn't even mentioned on that timeline. I guess because it's the OS that's best forgotten.[/citation]
I was going to mention this one too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Me

As JOSHSKORN mentioned, no 95 logo either. BTW, ugly logo and I'm sure they paid way too much for the design.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Well for starters, its Saturday. Not quite a full on news day in the tech world. Secondly, all of your examples have changed in their history. Some were minor, others were major. Ford didn't get the Ford in an oval until 1912 and it wasn't even a blue oval with white letters until 1927.Merceded didn't get what you are talking about until very recently.Just for proofs:http://www.instantshift.com/2009/0 [...] evolution/Brand logos change all the time. While I may not like the new logo, I can understand the reason why. This is a major change for Windows. It will allow much more than even 7 in terms of devices. Its almost like a restart.[/citation]

Yes, Logos change over time somewhat, but not on a semi-annual basis.

As for BMW and Mercedes, I got my first Benz in the 1970s and it did have the standard 3 pointed star on it then already; looking exactly like the one on today's E-350

It seems that M$ is constantly trying to make people forget their last blunder by coming up with a New and improved Logo.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Here is the Logic or lack of behind the Logo. Make an all new OS GUI then give it a very old logo and it balances it all in the end. There. The people who like status-quot are happy and the new revolutionary tablet lovers are happy too. I think lack of logic wins here as I still don't like Win 8 look. I might have to install shell addons like the traditional menu bar on Win 7 I got. Anything that takes up too much screen space is my enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.