Microsoft Wolf (diagnostic)

I received an email from someone who told me they were having problems with
their network at a public school system. They eventually contacted MS and
were told to use a diagnostic software program called Wolf. I know this is
very general but it is all the information I have.

I have looked online for more information about Wolf (I had never heard of
it used this way) and I have also looked at MS web site and knowledge base.
Nothing there about Wolf as a diagnostic tool.

Can anyone shed any light on this? As far as I can see, this program/file
does not even exist!!

Online Forensics of Win/32 System
http://www.shebeen.com/win32-forensics/index.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Stephen Larivee" wrote:

| I received an email from someone who told me they were having problems with
| their network at a public school system. They eventually contacted MS and
| were told to use a diagnostic software program called Wolf. I know this is
| very general but it is all the information I have.
|
| I have looked online for more information about Wolf (I had never heard of
| it used this way) and I have also looked at MS web site and knowledge base.
| Nothing there about Wolf as a diagnostic tool.
|
| Can anyone shed any light on this? As far as I can see, this program/file
| does not even exist!!

I looked at the article (way over my head!!!) but I see no mention of the
word WOLF anywhere in it????

> Online Forensics of Win/32 System
> http://www.shebeen.com/win32-forensics/index.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Stephen Larivee" wrote:
>
> | I received an email from someone who told me they were having problems
> with
> | their network at a public school system. They eventually contacted MS
> and
> | were told to use a diagnostic software program called Wolf. I know this
> is
> | very general but it is all the information I have.
> |
> | I have looked online for more information about Wolf (I had never heard
> of
> | it used this way) and I have also looked at MS web site and knowledge
> base.
> | Nothing there about Wolf as a diagnostic tool.
> |
> | Can anyone shed any light on this? As far as I can see, this
> program/file
> | does not even exist!!

(W)indows (O)n(L)ine (F)orensics

WOLF

Get it???

Bobby

"Stephen Larivee" <NOlariveeslSPAM@yahoo.PLEASEcom> wrote in message
>I looked at the article (way over my head!!!) but I see no mention of the
>word WOLF anywhere in it????

>> Online Forensics of Win/32 System
>> http://www.shebeen.com/win32-forensics/index.html
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

>> "Stephen Larivee" wrote:
>>
>> | I received an email from someone who told me they were having problems
>> with
>> | their network at a public school system. They eventually contacted MS
>> and
>> | were told to use a diagnostic software program called Wolf. I know
>> this is
>> | very general but it is all the information I have.
>> |
>> | I have looked online for more information about Wolf (I had never heard
>> of
>> | it used this way) and I have also looked at MS web site and knowledge
>> base.
>> | Nothing there about Wolf as a diagnostic tool.
>> |
>> | Can anyone shed any light on this? As far as I can see, this
>> program/file
>> | does not even exist!!

NOW I get it!!

Thanks to both of you.