Midtown Madness 2 and Geforce2

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Hey Guys!
I've just installed a Visiontek Geforce2 MX 400 64Mb with S-Video out. One game is giving me heartache and it's Midtown Madness 2. The graphics are atrocious and completely unplayable. All other games including Motocross Madness 2 (newer and older) are fine. I've installed the one and only patch (for intel based chips but worth a try). Detonator 3 drivers (14.41), Directx 8 and Via 4 in 1 all installed. Ran PCI List OK. Does anyone have any ideas?Oh yeah fresh load of Win ME.

700 Duron, 512 MB of Ram, 20 Gb Drive, SB Live 5.1, Gigabyte Mobo 7zm

TX

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Midtown Madness 2 Update 1.01 fixes incompatibilities with the Intel 810 family of graphics chips. That's why I installed it (It has nothing to do with the system CPU). I was hoping that the NVIDIA chipset had some similarities. Who knows, can't hurt.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Can you describe the graphics problem? incorrect polygons? artifacts? too slow? orange foreground? what? (Incidentally, the organge foreground is fixed by enabling Fog Table Emulation in Geforce256 - Direct3D part of Display Properties).

You can find a lot of information a about Geforce display problems at <A HREF="http://www.geforcefaq.com" target="_new">http://www.geforcefaq.com</A>

Miller

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2001
Try turning off the cloud shadow option in the graphics area first Rubberband and see if that helps. Also,try a different driver to thats not a beta and you can get more help from this <A HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/support/Games/Midtown/faq/2/default.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=troubleshoot&rnk=4&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=MID" target="_new">link</A>.Good Luck

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
When you loaded the Via 4 in 1 drivers did you select the AGP Turbo mode? If you did not you would be running your AGP at 1X only. Turbo mode allows the choice of 2X or 4X (selectable in your BIOS).

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 07/25/01 03:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
He's installed the latest patch for the game...i doubt it
will adversly affect its running on a duron...What moron
you are!

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bud on 07/25/01 01:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I thought he meant an intel graphics system driver, glad to see that reading my every post in a pathetic attempt to attack me is taking up so much of your time, bud.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
Don't delude yourself…I merely read from top to bottom and saw more
bad advise from an idiot. And you did say "patches, BTW"

With advise like that, you'll be having this guy uninstall the latest patch and go
back to the prototype rev, …just because one of the bugs that the patch fixed
happened to be an Intel chipset bug….lolol

Having said that, I'll take a moment to explain. I don't play this particular
game but if it has on-line play, then having the latest patch is a MUST,
(regardless if it fixed an Intel chipset bug or not).

Furthermore, having worked for Autodesk, testing for holes in the code,
you might say I know a little bit about testing code and how it's done.
It's highly unlikely that if a developer fixed an intel chipset bug that the
testers would come back and say, "Yeah the intel bug is fixed…but now
the program won't run on any of the AMD chips….but who cares,….we
fixed the intel bug, so let's ship it !!"

LOLOL…..Like I said you're a real moron.

Also, maintaining the latest patch to a game is a must because the developers have
to stay ahead of cheaters and people who develop cheats. Patches MUST be
download in order to go on-line and play the game with other people, as
well as fix the many bugs that the initial release of games usually have.

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Like I said, I thought he meant he INSTALLED AN INTEL SYSTEM DRIVER ON HIS SYSTEM, it was my bad, I didnt see he meant a game patch till after I made my second post, please, if you cant read a post properly do not frequent this forum bud.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

TRENDING THREADS