Nov 13, 2022
I need help with my pc build. So I have put all parts together, checked all cabling and it all is plugged in properly. What I have going on is when I go to turn the pc on everything thing lights up, all fans spinning but I am unable to get anything to display, just a no signal. Now I’ve done some troubleshooting, I tested the gpu, ram, and ssd in a known working PC and it all is working just fine. I’ve thought possibly the motherboard needs a bios update, my old system has a ryzen 5 1600af which I had placed in the itx motherboard and still nothing. I thought maybe there was a compatibility issue with the ram or graphics card so I had done the same with the parts from the old rig and still no image. So I decided to put all the new original components back into the system cause possibly I had missed plugging something in. So again I rechecked everything plugged it into a display and still… nothing. I’m completely out of ideas at this point.

old rig
MOB: Asrock b450 steel legend
RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb 3200
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600AF
GPU: EVGA RTX 2060
SSD: WD Black NVME
PSU: Corsair 550w

New Rig
MOB: Asrock b550 phantom gaming mini itx
RAM: Teamgroup T-Force 16gb 3600
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: PNY RTX 2060 Super
SSD: Crucial 500gb NVME
PSU: Lian Li SP 750
CASE: Phanteks Evolv Shift 2

Your B550 doesn't support the 5600x unless it has BIOS 1.2 or higher, which it should already have unless somebody bought that board very early after it released and never used it nor updated the BIOS or it has been sitting on a shelf for a long time since P1.2 came out in 2020.

Did you buy all the parts new and if so, from where?

You are sure you didn't accidentally connect your display to the motherboard by accident?

Nov 13, 2022
Your B550 doesn't support the 5600x unless it has BIOS 1.2 or higher, which it should already have unless somebody bought that board very early after it released and never used it nor updated the BIOS or it has been sitting on a shelf for a long time since P1.2 came out in 2020.

Did you buy all the parts new and if so, from where?

You are sure you didn't accidentally connect your display to the motherboard by accident?

yes I’m sure it’s not connected to the motherboard. and all the parts have been purchased in the last week on newegg. The motherboard was purchased as open box so it possibly could have been sitting for a long time.

If the motherboard was defective it wouldn’t even start up though, is that correct?

Nov 13, 2022
yes I’m sure it’s not connected to the motherboard. and all the parts have been purchased in the last week on newegg. The motherboard was purchased as open box so it possibly could have been sitting for a long time.

If the motherboard was defective it wouldn’t even start up though, is that correct?
Is there a way to know what bios it currently has, with my current situation? I strongly believe it’s a bios issue that’s not allowing the system to start up.

No, that's not correct. Motherboards can have problems ranging anywhere from "it does nothing at all, not even lights or fans" to "works perfectly fine except every once in a while one of my drives (or memory, or BSOD, or few pixelated areas on screen, or just restarts for no reason, or anything) disappears for a second. Literally, anything that be wrong, can be because of the motherboard including things that you simply cannot find or narrow down.

No, there is no way to know what BIOS version it has without installing a CPU and getting at least into the BIOS. Not without have specialized equipment that is able to read the data off the BIOS ROM.

If the motherboard was "open box" I'd assume a problem with the motherboard, which is likely 100% why it was sent back to them and is open box, because those (insert choice expletives here) from Newegg don't give a damn and will send out faulty hardware purposely, without testing it to make sure it works, because they know sooner or later somebody will just eat it and they won't have to. I'd return it as faulty and get a refund and then buy a NEW, not open box, motherboard. Open box hardware is a crapshoot and usually, almost always, not in your favor. It's like buying a used graphics card off Fleabay, you are about 80% likely to get something that doesn't work.