[SOLVED] Mining rig problem

Shidaro

Prominent
Aug 31, 2021
Hello so i use my pc for mining and decided to put my RX570 tu use and added it in the second PCIe slot that i have on my board, but my pc wouldn't detect it. I tried to install it's driver change some BIOS settings and even asked some of my tech friends for help but still nothing worked can anyone please provide me with help or information.

here is my rig :
GPU's : RX5700XT , RX570
CPU : R3600X
RAM : Ballistix 16GB 3200MHz
PSU : dark power pro 850 watt 80 plus platinium be quiet
Motherboard : R570

Solution
So

So I can change the Gen of my pcie slots but the problem is that only the first pcie slot is showed and i can only change this one.
Hmm all my ideas end up in dead ends when looking at the board support web page.
When changing the slot speed are both cards inserted and connected to the psu?
Have you tried not using the m.2 slot when attempting this?

Sorry I assumed this would be a typical problem. Perhaps I might not have the right answer for you here, I had no problem mining with two separate amd cards from two different generations, but I only did it to see if I could. My pcie lanes were 2 by 16X Gen 3.0 that default to 8X in when both slots are populated.

In the bios
Go to "Settings > Advanced > PCI Subsystem...

Shidaro

Prominent
Aug 31, 2021
What is the specific model of your motherboard?
Does the rx570 work when connected to the motherboard in the main slot without the 5700xt connected?
So the specific model is a mpg x570 msi Gen 4.0 pcie egde and yes the rx570 works in the main slot the thing that I don't get is that in the second slot the rx570's fans spin but the card isn't detected.

So

So I can change the Gen of my pcie slots but the problem is that only the first pcie slot is showed and i can only change this one.
Hmm all my ideas end up in dead ends when looking at the board support web page.

Sorry I assumed this would be a typical problem. Perhaps I might not have the right answer for you here, I had no problem mining with two separate amd cards from two different generations, but I only did it to see if I could. My pcie lanes were 2 by 16X Gen 3.0 that default to 8X in when both slots are populated.

In the bios
Go to "Settings > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings", enable "Re-size BAR" and "Above 4G memory/Crypto Currency mining", press "F10", to save the settings and reboot.

However I am suggesting you disable this feature.

Solution

Shidaro

Prominent
Aug 31, 2021

In the bios
Go to "Settings > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings", enable "Re-size BAR" and "Above 4G memory/Crypto Currency mining", press "F10", to save the settings and reboot.

However I am suggesting you disable this feature.
Yes both cards were connected to the psu due to the fans running on the rx570 but not any response from it and right now I'm in a bad situation, it's 2 am in my country and I really need to sleep so in like 7 or 6 hours I will try your recommendation and update you on future actions. And no I haven't tried m.2 slots