Question Missing Ethernet Driver in device manager

Feb 16, 2021
Hello,
After the latest windows update my ethernet internet has stopped working. It does not appear in the device manager nor does it has blink indicators when I plug in the cable. It does work on my laptop but not on my desktop pc. Here is what I have tried after following other threads:
  1. Checked LAN in BIOS
  2. Reset Windows (with keeping personal files)
  3. Tried downloading Realtek drivers (got the error message "The Realtek Network Controller Was Not Found If Deep Sleep Mode Is Enabled")
  4. Kept the computer shut down and unplugged for some time
  5. Restarted and reset my router (as I said it works for another computer)
  6. Ran troubleshooter to no result

Any help is appreciated, I can`t live on wifi for the rest of my life :)

Hello,
After the latest windows update my ethernet internet has stopped working. It does not appear in the device manager nor does it has blink indicators when I plug in the cable. It does work on my laptop but not on my desktop pc. Here is what I have tried after following other threads:

1. Checked LAN in BIOS
  3. Tried downloading Realtek drivers (got the error message "The Realtek Network Controller Was Not Found If Deep Sleep Mode Is Enabled")

Any help is appreciated, I can`t live on wifi for the rest of my life :)
Full system speccs

Hello,

1. Checked LAN in BIOS

1. Go to Start.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Choose System and Security.
  4. Click Device Manager (under System)
  5. Open Network Controller properties by:
  6. Double-click Network adapters to expand it.
  7. Double-click the Realtek Network Controller.
  8. Turn off Deep Sleep mode

Motherboard model name?

Can you show screenshot from Device Manager - network adapters section and unknown devices section expanded?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Generally - you have to install chipset drivers first.
Then install lan drivers.
Links to driver installations can be found in support web page of motherboard manufacturer.

If still no success after installing all the necessary drivers, then ethernet controller may have died.
Then install pcie lan controller card into your pc (if there are available free pcie slots).

Reactions: white.a.drew
Feb 16, 2021
  1. Go to Start.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Choose System and Security.
  4. Click Device Manager (under System)
  5. Open Network Controller properties by:
  6. Double-click Network adapters to expand it.
  7. Double-click the Realtek Network Controller.
  8. Turn off Deep Sleep mode
I wanted to do that as well but I do not have the Realtek Network controller or any ethernet-related driver in my device manager.

Feb 16, 2021
Motherboard model name?

Can you show screenshot from Device Manager - network adapters section and unknown devices section expanded?

Links to driver installations can be found in support web page of motherboard manufacturer.

If still no success after installing all the necessary drivers, then ethernet controller may have died.
Then install pcie lan controller card into your pc (if there are available free pcie slots).
Full mobo name - MPG Z490 gaming carbon wifi
Motherboard model name?

Mobo mode name - MPG Z490 carbon gaming wifi
device manager pic link - View: https://imgur.com/a/wrlur7d
(hope it will work)
The interesting thing is that this pc is newly built, that why I have doubts the ethernet controller died

Feb 16, 2021
Motherboard model name?

I tried downloading the driver in the order u told me. The chipset ones were fine but the Realtek LAN driver still stated the same error message as before

Feb 16, 2021
No unknown devices there? (with yellow exclamation marks)
You're not showing full screenshot.

You said, you checked LAN in BIOS?
Can you show that screenshot too?
(Advanced Mode/Settings/Advanced/Integrated Peripherals)

In BIOS try disabling lan controller, rebooting, enabling lan controller.
No unknown devices in the manager even when I toggle the visibility parameter. I will try to capture the LAN in BIOs screen and disable/enable it

Feb 16, 2021
Motherboard model name?

No unknown devices there? (with yellow exclamation marks)
You're not showing full screenshot.

You said, you checked LAN in BIOS?
Can you show that screenshot too?
(Advanced Mode/Settings/Advanced/Integrated Peripherals)

In BIOS try disabling lan controller, rebooting, enabling lan controller.
the pic of the settings: View: https://imgur.com/a/GqwsVma