[SOLVED] Missing sections and pages in Windows 10 settings

Solution
I wonder if the option to roll back to previous version exists (or maybe I should have thought of this before the repair install)
on desktop
open start
choose power
while holding shift down. click restart

Win 10 should load into windows recovery on restart
choose troubleshoot
choose reset
hopefully revert to previous version is a choice.

See if you can go back to 1909, I assume settings worked then.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try these
Try resetting settings
Step 1: Type “Settings” in the Start/taskbar search field to see the Settings app in the search results.
Step 2: Right-click on the Settings app entry and then click App settings to open the advanced settings page of Settings.
Step 3: Here, click on the Reset button. Click the Reset button again when you see a pop-up dialog with the Reset button.

or

Reinstall the Settings app in Windows 10
Like other apps, one can also reinstall the Settings app in Windows 10. All you need to do is execute a command from the PowerShell window.

Step 1: Open the PowerShell as an administrator. To do that, right-click on the Start and then click PowerShell (admin). Click on the Yes button when you get the User Account Control prompt.

Step 2: Copy and paste the following command at the window and then hit the Enter key to reinstall the Settings app.

Get-AppXPackage | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode – Register “$($_.InstallLocation) \AppXManifest.xml”}
https://www.intowindows.com/fix-settings-app-not-opening-in-windows-10/

this might help (sort of depends which update you got, if it took ages to install, it might have been latest version update and one of these commands doesn't work right yet

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

windows version - wonder if this works
right click start
choose run...
type winver
and press enter
if it works a pop up should show what your version is. Latest is 2004 Build 19041.264

Rorroo1309

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Try these

https://www.intowindows.com/fix-settings-app-not-opening-in-windows-10/

this might help (sort of depends which update you got, if it took ages to install, it might have been latest version update and one of these commands doesn't work right yet

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

windows version - wonder if this works
right click start
choose run...
type winver
and press enter
if it works a pop up should show what your version is. Latest is 2004 Build 19041.264
Thank you for the help but nothing worked. I cant even reset App settings its just sending me to the Windows settings homepage again and again. I am on Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wonder if the option to roll back to previous version exists (or maybe I should have thought of this before the repair install)
on desktop
open start
choose power

choose troubleshoot
choose reset

Solution

Rorroo1309

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
on desktop
open start
choose power

choose troubleshoot
choose reset

Thank you very much it worked. I am on the same version dont know how it worked but it worked. So now do i need to stop updates from services or...?

Rorroo1309

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
How did you get 2004 originally?

As far as I know you can't get it through windows update at moment, they have it on hold. I would just go into settings/update & security/windows update and pause it for 7 days.
I dont really know probably i just updated to version 2004 from Windows update settings. Even now i have update and i dont know what will happen when i install them. View: https://imgur.com/a/TkHXYuG

Rorroo1309

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Wonders if you really went backwards

right click start
choose run...
type winver
and press enter
what version are you on?

seems odd you have a cumulative for 2004, if you are on 1909.
I am on version 2004 (OS Build 19041.264) before that i was again at that version and build. I have more updates but i dont know do i want to install them. If i install them will it happen again ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
You are on same build you had already, so the updates might fix other things the version update installed. They shouldn't cause that problem (famous last words? - I mean, you can't stop them, Win 10 will upgrade itself eventually.)

It seems the reset just put same version back on again. But this time settings work as they should.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you on windows insider?
this CU -
QH5mv0q.png

is showing on the Windows catalog as Windows Insider Pre release - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4556803 10 for May 11

I only looked as someone else has a post wondering why no updates for 2004 yet, and I thought of your post

Rorroo1309

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Are you on windows insider?
this CU -
QH5mv0q.png

is showing on the Windows catalog as Windows Insider Pre release - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4556803 10 for May 11

I only looked as someone else has a post wondering why no updates for 2004 yet, and I thought of your post
I dont think i am using windows insider. Here is a screenshot that is saying my windows edition. View: https://imgur.com/a/nMUb8Uw

The update for Windows Defender disappeared and now i only have "2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4556803)"
View: https://imgur.com/a/zMJsVys

Colif

Win 11 Master
Oh.. good, it was just Microsoft being wrong. Great, put an update up on live system that matches the pre installed version.

And I go and tell you to install them... and then later discover it is for a wrong version.

Sigh.

I think the way you tell if you are on insider ring or not is by looking on settings/update & security/windows INsider Program and if it doesn't show a Get Started button, you further into it than I am.

Rorroo1309

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Oh.. good, it was just Microsoft being wrong. Great, put an update up on live system that matches the pre installed version.

And I go and tell you to install them... and then later discover it is for a wrong version.

Sigh.

I think the way you tell if you are on insider ring or not is by looking on settings/update & security/windows INsider Program and if it doesn't show a Get Started button, you further into it than I am.
I have the Windows Insider Program but i dont think i will join. View: https://imgur.com/a/okz3af8

Rorroo1309

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019

Sigh.

Just want to tell you thank you for helping me ❤