Missing some iGPU configurations in bios - Asrock B75M-GL R2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexa

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys. I need to sell my GPU very soon, but I can't use my onboard GPU. Simply no signal coming to my monitor (D-sub). Haven't tried DVI, because my monitor doesn't have it.

So, I read the manual, and in p.25 it says:
Press <F2> or <Del> to enter UEFI setup. Enter “Onboard
VGA Share Memory” option to adjust the memory capability to [32MB], [64MB],
[128MB], [256MB] or [512MB] to enable the function of D-sub....

...If you do not adjust the UEFI setup, the default value of “Onboard VGA Share
Memory”, [Auto], will disable D-Sub function when the add-on VGA card is
inserted to this motherboard.

I thought my MB disabled iGPU, because I haven't set it's share memory. The manual says it's located under 'Advanced' - 'North bridge configuration' (p.52). But when I checked, there's no share memory option, AND, some other options are missing too: IGPU Multi-Monitor, Render Standby, and Deep Render Standby.

Before I bought my current GPU, I used my onboard graphic for some weeks, and if I remember correctly, I didn't need to setup anything back then.

What I've tried:

• ■ Using different D-sub cable.
    ■ Removing my GPU and use only d-sub connector to my monitor, but there's no display. Can't enter bios without my GPU installed.
    ■ Installing latest intel HD graphic driver, but the installer says: 'This computer does not meet the minimum requirements'
    ■ GPU-Z doesn't detect my iGPU, only shows my AMD GPU.
    ■ Flashing different BIOS version - 1.40, 1.50, and 1.60, none of these helps.

SPECS:
Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 (D-sub and DVI only)
Core i5 3330
Msi R9 280X
Dell S2440L Monitor (D-sub and HDMI only)

My BIOS Screenshot:
t87RFDu.jpg

Normal Asrock B75 BIOS according to the manual (not mine, got it from google):
R6yKZ.jpg

B75M GL-R2.0 Manual: Here
B75M GL-R2.0 Product Link: Here

Pardon my awful English; any help would be very appreciated.

vexa

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

Nope. Nothing wrong with the pins. My CPU is i5 3330, and I used to use my onboard gpu before I have my current GPU. This is very weird. Everything is working perfectly; sound, discrete GPU, all usb ports, memory, except integrated GPU.

CPU-Z screenshot:
fPArpTr.png

Regarding your screen pictures:
Because the UEFI software is constantly being updated, the UEFI setup screens and descriptions are for reference purpose only, and they may not exactly match what you see on your screen.

I would:
Clear CMOS. Be sure to disconnect the power from the wall socket when doing so.
Enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
Load UEFI default values for all setup questions from BIOS Exit menu. The F9 key can be used for this operation.
Change Primary Graphics Adapter setting to [Onboard].
Save & Exit BIOS.
Power off.
Remove the graphics card.
Connect the D-Sub cable to the motherboard and monitor.
Power on the PC.

vexa

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

Clear CMOS. Be sure to disconnect the power from the wall socket when doing so.
Done
Enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
Done
Load UEFI default values for all setup questions from BIOS Exit menu. The F9 key can be used for this operation.
Done
Change Primary Graphics Adapter setting to [Onboard].
This.
This is what I'm trying to figure out all these time. I wouldn't mind if the company do some changes to the layout. BUT, if they do, they should've update the manual too. In my case, it's totally disappear. I looked it up everywhere, every submenus and sub-configurations, and I can't find anything about iGPU except "iGPU Voltage Offset" under voltage configuration and it doesn't change things.

Save & Exit BIOS.
Done
Power off.
*sigh*Done
Remove the graphics card.
Done
Connect the D-Sub cable to the motherboard and monitor.
Done
Power on the PC.
Done, BOOM, no display.

FYI, I even remove the CMOS battery, let it sits for a night without CMOS battery, replace it the next morning, and still nothing.
I started dreaming to become very rich so I can replace any broken things immediately, but I guess that's life.

vexa

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

Yes. After some googling I found out that the problem might be comes from broken iGPU VRM or broken / corrupted bios file. First one has no solution except replacing the MB, second one can be fixed by hard flashing the BIOS chip using USB BIOS chip programmer or replacing BIOS chip with an identical one.

Haven't replace my M/B yet because the only reasonable priced LGA 1155 M/B available in my country is H61 without SATA 3 or USB 3, and 7-series M/Bs are crazy expensive because of their rarity. Flashing BIOS chip takes days because living in the middle of nowhere, no computer shop near me has this BIOS flashing tool. I need to use my PC almost 24/7 and I can't afford that. So I keep using my M/B for now because it runs okay with dedicated GPU and saving myself to upgrade to kaby lake or ryzen 5 in near future

Status
Not open for further replies.