Question Mobo recommendations for R9 3900X or please help me with my problem my B450 Tomahawk motherboard

Nov 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 9 3900X in my B450 Tomahawk motherboard and I've been having so much problems ever since, I've even tried four different ram kits at the different XMP speeds and I still get the same issue. It's as if the CPU is being throttled somehow even though I've tried out both Ryzen power options in the power options menu and even tried running the memory at stock frequency. I even used MSI dragon software to set to extreme performance and I still get the same outcome.

The most annoying thing is the constant hanging of the internet browsers and I mean it's all of them, I've tried Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge, and even internet explorer. I have an old thinkpad with a 2nd gen i7 and it still runs all these browsers way better. This thing will basically load one page, load the next one half way and then for the next 5 mins take forever to load another page, it actually takes so long that it doesn't even say "connecting to" at the bottom.

Everyone else's internet is connecting perfectly in my house, I even bought a new usb WiFi adapter and that didn't fix anything. Besides all of these the only new things I added to my PC was a usb hub and an NVME M.2. I thought maybe the usb hub might be pulling too much power or it might be faulty, so I removed the usb hub and I still face the same issues.

I've reinstalled Windows 10 so many times, I never even installed an OS this many times within one week ever in my life. Everything is up to par including cooling, excellent air flow, and I even checked the bios settings for anything weird and there's nothing, I even set default settings and the problem still persists, my 2700X ran much better on this mobo but now I can't use that back because I gave it to my mom in her new build and she's been using it as her office PC, so I'd much rather get a new motherboard or figure out what this issue is?

I'm looking for a good B550 motherboard or an X570 (if there's any affordable ones). If you can please recommend me some good mobos I'd be very appreciative of any help. I mean any kind of help, I just want to play Doom Eternal and some other games I got on sale, but the constant hanging from the browsers (and to a lesser extent windows explorer) is really bugging me.

Thanks for reading and please give me your thoughts on this.

Nov 5, 2020
Some basic questions:
  1. what Bios version ? The last one ?
  2. did you do a Clear CMOS after putting your new CPU ?
  3. What PSU ?
  4. Which RAM kits did you try ? On the QVL ? Exact reference (part number)
  1. Latest bios, version 7C02v1E
  2. I cleared the CMOS multiple times when I installed the different ram kits, and yes I did clear it on CPU install
  3. SeaSonic M12II 620W 80+ Bronze
  4. G. Skill Trident Z 32 GB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZSK), G. Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 (GBF4-3200C16D-32GVK), Patriot Viper Steel Series 32 GB (PVS432G360C8K), and HyperX Kingston 32GB (HX434C16FB3K2/32)
I hope this was helpful.