Babsdaknasher

Honorable
Feb 26, 2016
I have a Motorola 16x4 modem (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A1E6BA2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Every time I reset my modem by unplugging it and plugging back in, it cycles on and off about 7 times till a connection is set. It go through the process and lights and all like normal and as soon as all lights come on, it resets in a way and repeats the whole process again. This happens about 5-7 times till it stops and i get a stable connection. It takes about 20-25min for the whole process and is very annoying. How can i avoid this or fix?

Last edited:

Babsdaknasher

Honorable
Feb 26, 2016
the whole process takes about 20-25 minutes. And I noticed the internet upload speed was a little slow and i havent reset everything in a few months. After resetting it, my speeds are doing fine now. I also heard it's good to turn them off and on/ reset then every few months.

USAFRet

Titan
the whole process takes about 20-25 minutes. And I noticed the internet upload speed was a little slow and i havent reset everything in a few months. After resetting it, my speeds are doing fine now. I also heard it's good to turn them off and on/ reset then every few months.
There really isn't anything you can "fix", other than a new one.
Or, it may just take that long in talking to your ISP to establish a stable connection.