Modern Warfare 2 PC Won't Have Console

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AtuBrian

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]i never pirate games..... but im just gonna pirate this game out of sphiatt to IW for screawing over the PC gamers[/citation]
same here

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Even though I've never played 4 multiplayer online. This does look disappointing, at least I'm not looking after this game for that reason.

calibrah

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
This is absolute shit. I cant stand 100+ ping on any fps. BULLSHIT. Ill go buy a bunch of condoms or....some gas instead of this game.

I was excited for it too. Oh well. :/

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
lol why are they stripping the game for PC? Just did it for the console and couldn't be bothered? They've completely ignored the PC community, there are petitions ongoing for dedicated servers, and then they just seem to be responding with removing more features that PC gamers find desirable, this is ridiculous. What kind of business model are they following?

On a side note, one of the kill streak perks is a mini nuke if I'm not mistaken? Which would have been AWESOME in COD 4 where you have 64 players going. But in 9v9 talk about fail.

[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]I'm not specifically picking on you for this, but I have to put at least one person's quote in my reply. Listen, I can receive all the thumbs down for my comment as possible, but I still insist that 90% of us who are threatening a boycott of this game will end up buying it (or will get in onto our computers one way or another). Yes, I am not at all saying that what IW did is right, because it is not at all, but people are so predictable that even IW knows that you, and I and all the rest who planned to get this game will still get this game, albeit moaning and groaning. That's all.[/citation]

Nope, I'm actually going to keep my promise of not buying this pile of shit they call MW2. They can take all their codes and shove it up their rear ends and I won't care.

G

There getting full of there self's, 1 thing i liked about playing games on the PC was the fan based content the mods the maps the skins why would u take that from your pc supporters just doesn't seem right. I'm not saying don't buy. I just hope they don't start a trend that other company's will follow. I'm not against torrents but I do believe if you like it or enjoy it then buy it don't be a thief.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Zampella simply replied, "We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it."

Zampella, if you're reading this, TAKE NOTE:
*I* will dictate how *I* play by way of either purchasing or not purchasing. For you, my wallet shall remain closed. I could care less about how you want me to play. I simply won't buy your crapware.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]I'm not specifically picking on you for this, but I have to put at least one person's quote in my reply. Listen, I can receive all the thumbs down for my comment as possible, but I still insist that 90% of us who are threatening a boycott of this game will end up buying it (or will get in onto our computers one way or another). Yes, I am not at all saying that what IW did is right, because it is not at all, but people are so predictable that even IW knows that you, and I and all the rest who planned to get this game will still get this game, albeit moaning and groaning. That's all.[/citation]
You're right, one way or another. IW has proven to me that I'm not interested in any more ports they release in the future. So if the $12 million loss is attributed to my piracy of this game, then I'm not concerned. Out of principal, I generally buy games I know will be a good value.
This isn't one of those games.

Multiplayer will suck for everyone on PC. Plain and simple.

And there's no way in hell I'm paying 60 bucks for 6 hours of gameplay, period. Hell, movie theaters offer better value than that.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]

Multiplayer will suck for everyone on PC. Plain and simple. And there's no way in hell I'm paying 60 bucks for 6 hours of gameplay, period. Hell, movie theaters offer better value than that.[/citation]

Very good point, video games strongest plus point in the entertainment market has always been it's value for money vs other products like films. The day the cinema became the best value for money option over video games is a sad day as it means eventually the video game industry will go into a decline as consumers always vote with their wallets.

As for all those people who are saying this is the death of PC games you need to get a reality check. Infinity Ward is just one company, so what if they want to take the piss out of the PC crowd let them and don't buy their products there's plenty of other new games that are coming out that support all the features the IW have taken away.

joet1986

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I just wish this game will fail. Don't see that happening with everyone pre-ordering it.
No plans for me to even buy this sad excuse of a PC game...

rockstone1

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
Do you notice that they said they have tetr to finish making the PC game? It will be released in Four days. I would much prefer if they delayed it by two months and got Dedicated server support and everything else we want.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
While I think it's Infinity Ward's right to do with their product whatever they like, the high price and the "console-like" gameplay (i.e. gamesave) make it one less option for me. It's their right to change, it's my right not to buy. ;-)

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Rockstone1[/nom]Do you notice that they said they have tetr to finish making the PC game? It will be released in Four days. I would much prefer if they delayed it by two months and got Dedicated server support and everything else we want.[/citation]
That's really all we want.

Dedicated server support opens up the possibility of modding, since hosted files can then be altered. The addition of a console is quite literally a flip of a switch for them. (Or a = 0 to a = 1) Since it uses the underlying engine from CoD4, the game itself is quite compatible with a dedicated server model already.

It wouldn't be a matter of months, but literally a matter of days, if that.

bigght

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
You got to be kidding!! But this is why I didn't pre-order, cause nowdays with pc games, You just don't know what games will be released or not or features. IW, EA, just adds to the list of game makers that are shunning pc games, in one way or another. Looks like I will take my wife up on her offer to by a console for Christmas.

jfplopes

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Reading the post over here and in most gaming sites the disapointment is quite clear.
I do think COD MW2 will sell great but not to its full potential.

For IW and other companies disregarding the PC platform I have this message:

THe PC gaming problems is piracy not lack of gamers compared to consoles.
And piracy is a mutatable beast. Today it may have its bigger foot on the PC market but as players and specially hardcore ones start to move to consoles so will the pirate groups give more focus to working around consoles protection systems.
And yes alternate matchmaking services outside the control of console companies will appear and people will use them to play pirate games in its full form on the consoles.

My point is. Regarding the PC your focus should have been on the piracy front and that front alone. By killing features you both killed the legit and ilegit customers.

Yes COD MW 1 sold pretty well on the console and IW piracy numbers are correct. But then again if their numbers are correct
it means they "closed" the piracy hole on the PC, COD MW 2 would be king on all platforms and the PC version had the potential to beat the console one. The way it is, I'm sure it won't beat consoles.
THe IW.NET system was a good call. Closing the system in a way that outsiders don't have access to the server base is a good call.
But they could do the same while keeping dedicated servers and modding support.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
The end result of all of this is a downward trend in overall gaming experience.

Lets face it PC games (of which I am a part of) are by far the MOST picky gamer type out there.
We make ourselves heard on the forums when we're unsatisfied with a game, or if there's a bug found.

As difficult of customers as we may be, you need critics to gauge a product and tell the creator "good job" or "go back and fix this garbage".
We have no problem doing either.

As much as I hate to use Blizzard as an example here, they listen to their community and look what they end up with.
The most profitable franchise in gaming history, they practically print their own money...

Yes we complain, yes we criticize, but if no one does then the end result is a future ladden with 'money grab' releases with little to no unique content and a goal to simply milk the customers dry...

coverfire

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2003
Dice will be picking up the pc market share that IW has lost. Good for them, they know where their games shine the most and thats for the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.