Modern Warfare 2 PC Won't Have Console

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

echdskech

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
Call me conspiracy theorist, but does anyone else think MS and/or Sony have a hand in this cripple-the-pc trend to make the console ports more competitive by eliminating the PC's advantages over them? Who knows, they might even disallow mice usage in future PC FPS'... =|

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
In all fairness I can imagine that the game still plays well with a 100 ping. I've played pretty well with a ping of ~230 on my clan's COD4 server. (The U.S. East Coast is a lot of hops away from Japan) It helps I have a great connection, but still there were of course some times it hurt.

kageryu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Infinity Ward must have lost a lot of brain cells when they were partying with the money they made from COD:Modern Warfare.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
sick of arrogant game developers. "oh our game is gonna be soo awesome and the anticipation is gonna be so high after the first one. lets see how much we can piss off the consumer!! how many user expectations we can abolish from PC gaming forever!" - blizzard with SC2, and IW with this.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]coonday[/nom]That's precisely what I was trying to get at here. However, not buying the game doesn't show that you're a fan of games, it shows that you're a fan boy(of PC gaming). People who truly like games will play a good game no matter what platform it runs on, whether it be PS3, DS, iPhone, or PC.[/citation]

Wow...So a game is just as good on the iPhone as the PC? That's like saying a Corvette is still a Corvette even if it has a Honda Civic motor in it and it's limited to 60mph. I couldn't disagree more.

As far as being a "fan boy", some of us were playing Wolfenstein 3D on a 386 while bouncing their son on one knee. FPS games came from the PC and that's where they play the best, hands down. Consoles have come a long way and I have more than a few of them, but they're still red headed step-children when compared to a built PC.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
We all know that every single person complaining on here saying they will not buy this game, etc., will cave within the first week of release. I know this because my instinct was to write the same thinking that by showing our solidarity over this issue, somehow IW will get worried. Don't be fooled, they will make money with this game, and a portion of their profit will come from your wallets.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Oh frig it. To be honest. I am going to buy it. Regardless. And when I feel like playing a customized game of COD. I will just plop in COD WaW.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]We all know that every single person complaining on here saying they will not buy this game, etc., will cave within the first week of release. I know this because my instinct was to write the same thinking that by showing our solidarity over this issue, somehow IW will get worried. Don't be fooled, they will make money with this game, and a portion of their profit will come from your wallets.[/citation]
This couldn't be farther from the truth. There's no chance in hell I'll cave before they do.

G

I still know i'm going to enjoy this game for years till the next MW3 That's why I pre-ordered it for the PS3, cause they made this game primarily for the console including xbox360 :) Too bad for the PC though. Well there are other games for you guys.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]We all know that every single person complaining on here saying they will not buy this game, etc., will cave within the first week of release. I know this because my instinct was to write the same thinking that by showing our solidarity over this issue, somehow IW will get worried. Don't be fooled, they will make money with this game, and a portion of their profit will come from your wallets.[/citation]
LOL Ironically, I'll probably play it at my friends houses on their Xbox 360's. Not one penny will I spend on the game itself though. COD4 and CODWAW still work for now, till something actually better comes along.

cmmcnamara

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
Good lord. That's the icing on the cake. 18 player cap...sad but possibly bearable. Special PC features....not really. No dedicated servers...why the **** not that's idiotic. No console....this is obviously an extremely shitty console port. Seriously everything that makes PC gaming awesome, more players, more customization, extensive use of your machine's horsepower...is not present in this game. I am so disappointed. I honestly thought and still think that CoD4 was one of the best games out there. Epic singleplayer and intense and satisfying RPG-like multiplayer at which point I fell in love with Infinity Ward. Now I am disgusted with them, will not purchase there game or any of their new releases until they show PC proper support. If they don't develop another game for the PC from slumped sales, big deal. I don't want to buy shit.

soul555top

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]CoD1 was phenomenal. It revolutionized a lot of fps multiplayer concepts. CoD2 had some of the best fps graphics in it's day. Another very important presentation. CoD2 and Oblivion made the Xbox 360 what it is today. Without such a strong launch lineup, the 360 wouldn't have fared nearly as well. Infinity Ward is a very talented development house. But they've really screwed up this time around. They've forgotten who they're making games for. Now they're making games for Activision, not the players who have supported them over the years.[/citation]

Totally disagree with you. CoD and CoD2 were good games, nothing more. 2 had the luxury of being a decent game in a lackluster 360 launch. Again, my point here is that IW is getting massive amounts of press for being so amazing and awesome and making great games etc. Marketing is doing their job. They made 1 great game, CoD4, and are riding it to the bank. If you can't see that, then you are blind.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]coonday[/nom]Not to sound like a snob or anything, but just because Infinity Ward omitted a few features does not mean you shouldn't buy this game. It is going to be a great game and you will only be hurting yourself by not playing it. Also, you won't be hurting Infinity Ward financially by not buying the game. They are going to sell copies in the double digit millions regardless. Instead of just complaining about something you haven't even played yet, try buying the game and then tell Infinity Ward what you do and don't like.[/citation]

Well you're possibly right about one thing: it will probably won't affect IW financially, of course not, because people buying this in console flavor don't have to complain about anything, it mainly affects PC users, and since with this movement they're just promoting IW for console.

But one point you don't see here is the removal of such important features that made this game shine among the best FPS community. The thing about hurting ourselves by not buying this game is just plain irrelevant, there are more games available from other developers that might as well regain some market by trying to attract frustrated people by this IW major screw.

It doesn't take to buy the game to tell IW what you don't like, the community already led know their feelings upon their decision. Besides, this is not the first call of duty ever made, removing those features (and who knows what else they just screwed) might make this game rather more limited or console-ish (heck even the Modern Warfare 1 still will be more playable).

Other candies added to the back? Well, maybe some improved graphics, a couple of new guns, some more other little goodies, but for what? what is the point of having all these candies if the gameplay is severely limited? Well Time will tell, and a patch might be born :)

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]This couldn't be farther from the truth. There's no chance in hell I'll cave before they do.[/citation]
I'm not specifically picking on you for this, but I have to put at least one person's quote in my reply. Listen, I can receive all the thumbs down for my comment as possible, but I still insist that 90% of us who are threatening a boycott of this game will end up buying it (or will get in onto our computers one way or another). Yes, I am not at all saying that what IW did is right, because it is not at all, but people are so predictable that even IW knows that you, and I and all the rest who planned to get this game will still get this game, albeit moaning and groaning. That's all.

FLGibsonJr

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
What a pathetic game this has become! It is almost laughable! This game is literally made for 8 year olds. IW is a joke for serious gamers. There is a lot of great PC games out there and I will keep buying those, but for me IW is dead and gone.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.