Modern Warfare 2 PC Won't Have Console

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This will not last long...I see a patch coming VERY soon.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
lol what bs. I really really hope this flops hardcore on the PC and no one pirates it. That way they have no one to blame but themselves. Honestly, right now I could care less if they stopped developing for PC all together. Unless they do something to amend this I don't see myself buying another IW game. There are many many other games to fill my time.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I think what these companies forget is that once we buy it... we're supposed to own it. It really seems like they're just leasing you the damned thing when they pull crap like this.

Anyone who has played any modified form of a game understands that it's the customizations that make the game what it is... not some developer with their head stuck up their arses.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
It's a no-win situation.

PC sales go through the roof = They'll do the same thing in the future.

PC sales go down the drain = They won't even make a PC version in the future.

I guess I'll be sticking with playing console FPS noobs. It's been a while since I played FPS games on the PC - mostly since all my friends play on the Xbox 360. Nothing beats:

1. Dedicated servers
2. Mods
3. Keyboard and Mouse controls
4. 40 player rooms
5. Booting laggers and teamkillers, and also setting friendly fire in competitive clan matches

*sniff

Toddosan

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Wow game devs are really heading towards a crappy trend, starting with lack of options, really bad DRM controls, Half ass DLC that they charge for, and the list just keeps on getting bigger. Whats next, gonna need a urine or blood sample to play the game? give up a lung, or kidney? Things are definatly changing for the worse in the gaming industry.

mtd324

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
So basically its an exact copy of the PS3/XB360 version.
Except you get to use your mouse and keyboard.
-1 for COD fans everywhere.
-100 for Infinity Ward's disregard.
+1 for the the people that made ARMA2.

G

Just told my older brother NOT to get me MW2 for a Late B-day gift. As i asked to get it before i knew it would suck. He did not even ask why when i told him it was $60 too , haha.

R.I.P. IW you will be missed as one of the better Devs out there. Kudos to Triarch too, CoD5 was great! It seems that activision's 1 Cod per year policy has taken effect, as IW could not code the game fast enough to acually make it a REAL CoD game...

such a shame this is.
I asked for just $50 in gas money insted, these days, its hard enough to be a gamer, now this takes the cake. There are just too many better ways to spend $60.

blackbyron

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
"Mackey-IW: Games cap out at 9v9. The software has great latency tolerance. See above!"

How is it a great latency tolerance? How about you prove it?

TheLighterHalf

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
i was about to go preorder this game at lunch from work but after reading about no dedicated servers, no console commands, small useless rooms i think i'll just go buy a box with a padlock on it instead. same thing really...

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
They've been really shady with the release of all the information about features removed that were standard on COD4. They know everyone will be upset about it, so they release it last second and in obscure places (this info was from a best buy chat). Seems pretty obvious that no one at IW gives a shit about PC gamers.

92Sileighty

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
It looks like IW is dead set on shooting themselves in both feet.
They are removing everything that makes a PC version of a game special and the fans are going to turn on them for doing so.

Jamdodds

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Just got the confirmation that walmart canceled my preorder. I'm now the proud parent of 60$ I didn't have before.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
i never pirate games..... but im just gonna pirate this game out of sphiatt to IW for screawing over the PC gamers

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Not to sound like a snob or anything, but just because Infinity Ward omitted a few features does not mean you shouldn't buy this game. It is going to be a great game and you will only be hurting yourself by not playing it. Also, you won't be hurting Infinity Ward financially by not buying the game. They are going to sell copies in the double digit millions regardless. Instead of just complaining about something you haven't even played yet, try buying the game and then tell Infinity Ward what you do and don't like.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Oh, one other thing from my comment before.

No more User-made maps.

I guess the only way we can play on new maps is if we pay $5 for the new multi-player map packages on the Xbox 360 (or PS3). What a rip off.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]coonday[/nom]Not to sound like a snob or anything, but just because Infinity Ward omitted a few features does not mean you shouldn't buy this game. It is going to be a great game and you will only be hurting yourself by not playing it. Also, you won't be hurting Infinity Ward financially by not buying the game. They are going to sell copies in the double digit millions regardless. Instead of just complaining about something you haven't even played yet, try buying the game and then tell Infinity Ward what you do and don't like.[/citation]

There are three things people will do:
1. Buy the Xbox 360 or PS3 version for people that have them.
2. Buy the PC version regardless of the lack of features.
3. Make a statement and NOT buy the PC version of the game. I wonder if people who have the PC version pre-ordered can opt out?

Status
Not open for further replies.