[SOLVED] Molex connector problem ?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ferguson1951

Honorable
Feb 19, 2017
Hello everybody.
I am writing from Italy.
I have an ATX PSU with various output cables including a 4-pin Molex which I think is for the mobo power supply.
But my micro ATX mobo has an 8-pin connector.
How do I go about solving this problem ?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot and best regards

Mobo: Asus Prime B364m k
PSU: Delta Electronics 350 w GPS-350EB-200 B
ram: Samsung DDR4 4Gb.
GPU PCIE card : (arriving) ASUS EN 8400 GS SCHEDA GRAFICA VIDEO SILENT PCI EXPRESS 512 MB GPU GRAPHICS CARD
CPU: Intel i5 8500
Case: HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT

Last edited:

ferguson1951

Honorable
Feb 19, 2017
Hello. Ram arrived, fitted it: no luck.. Now the problem could be either the CPU or the Mobo but I treated the Mobo always right, discharging my static electricity by touching the heater. Still a mistery.
I bought another CPU

Last edited:

ferguson1951

Honorable
Feb 19, 2017
Bingo!!! The new CPU arrived. It's a i3 9100F and it works. The beeper beeped.Now I will pick a fight with the seller of the previous CPU.
Now the build looks like this:

Mobo: Asus Prime B364m k
PSU: Tecnoware (Italian) 650W
ram: Kingston ValueRAM DDR4 8Gb
GPU PCIE card : ASUS EN 8400 GS SCHEDA GRAFICA VIDEO SILENT PCI EXPRESS (not tried yet) 512 MB GPU GRAPHICS CARD
CPU: Intel i3 9100F
Case: HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT

Let me just remind you that I carefully insulated the Mobo from the case with insulating tape where the Mobo touched the case.
I wouldn't trust that.
Motherboard still has to be securely installed in pc case.

Keep in mind - shorts (resulting from using improper pc case) can kill your working components.
Then you'll be back at square one - dealing with same issues again.

Quite possible, this was the reason your previous cpu got killed.

Last edited: