Monitor drivers nowhere to be found

eden

Champion
I am trying to look anywhere on the web to find out how high my monitor can do in refresh without damaging it as I plan to get an Asus Geforce 3 Deluxe with 3d Glasses to use Stereoscopic viewing, which requires high refresh rates of 120hz. The problem is that my current Voodoo 3 2000, doesn't show me the refresh rates in the Advance Display Settings, all I have is Optimal RR and Adapter Default. I have no idea where to look else. The monitor is a
Vision-Lab GM710. A fellow board friend from tomshardware.com got me to the Vision Lab site, which is www.vision-lab.com.tw , I looked there but the monitor doesn't appear, and most likely isn't supported anymore or is too old (It's a 17"). I wanted to e-mail them by contact, but the writing is in Taiwanese (the fill-in spaces before the actual text or body of the e-mail is written in TW, so I dunno what each fill-in means to write inside, and if I tried to type my e-mail, and the text without filling elsewhere, and pressed Send, it would give me a Page Not Found [pretty smart for a contact
link....]) so I dunno really what that is. If anyone can help me find a driver of this monitor, which will allow me to know its max refresh rates, especially for 640*480 and 1024*768, I'd be greatly fond of it, as I want to play Stereo mode but need higher refresh rates to avoid flicker and eye fatigue during 3d Glasses on.
Thanks in advance...

PS: Right now it is set as Plug and Play monitor, standard driver.

WiseGuy1

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
You might find a utility you can you use <A HREF="http://www.windrivers.com/utility/scripts/util.asp?cat=Video&cat2=Video Utilities" target="_new">here</A>. There's also a program called DisplayMate(sorry no link) that runs test patterns and all. Not sure if checks what your looking for but might be worth looking in to.

“Man who stand on toilet must be high on pot”-Confucius :smile: