My monitor has suddenly acquired a yellowish cast to it's hue. Sony
GDM-500PS 21" connected to Leadtek A380 5950 Ultra video card with BNC
cables - been working like a charm for about 6 years now.

Flickering between good color balance and yellowish started yesterday
and no amount of re-installing drivers (using Driver Cleaner 3 in
between) has made a difference.

Have adjusted refresh rate, imported color profiles, etc. and am puzzled.

Ideas?

Cable problem???

Check all your cables, simce one may be loose.

Yves Leclerc wrote:
> Cable problem???
>
> Check all your cables, simce one may be loose.
>

> "Steve Marshall" <marshall22@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
>>My monitor has suddenly acquired a yellowish cast to it's hue. Sony
>>GDM-500PS 21" connected to Leadtek A380 5950 Ultra video card with BNC
>>cables - been working like a charm for about 6 years now.
>>
>>Flickering between good color balance and yellowish started yesterday and
>>no amount of re-installing drivers (using Driver Cleaner 3 in between) has
>>made a difference.
>>
>>Have adjusted refresh rate, imported color profiles, etc. and am puzzled.
>>
>>Ideas?

Yves,

Thanks. I think that may have been the problem - disconnected and
reconnected all BNC cables and on video card - problem solved.

I was shuddering to think that I needed to replace this monitor - high
quality, high refresh rate, low dot pitch 21"-22" CRT monitors are still
very expensive.

Steve

Dying gun in the Cathode Ray Tube (CRT)! It "is" 6 years old!

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Steve Marshall" <marshall22@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> My monitor has suddenly acquired a yellowish cast to it's hue. Sony
> GDM-500PS 21" connected to Leadtek A380 5950 Ultra video card with BNC
> cables - been working like a charm for about 6 years now.
>
> Flickering between good color balance and yellowish started yesterday and
> no amount of re-installing drivers (using Driver Cleaner 3 in between) has
> made a difference.
>
> Have adjusted refresh rate, imported color profiles, etc. and am puzzled.
>
> Ideas?

It is more often a cable problem FIRST! If not the cable then we check
video card /drivers. If still not fixed, then it is the monitor.

I am glad you solved your problem.

Y.