Question Monitor has no signal when connected to GPU or MB

DarkArmy

Prominent
May 26, 2019
I use a HDMI cable which i connect to the port of my GPU. Everything was working fine until today. I have a Benq RL2455HM monitor, when i connect the hdmi cable to my GPU from this monitor it doesn't pick up a signal anymore.

I've opened up my PC and i looked through the cables to see if anything is out of place i then cleaned it up and then added a new thermal paste to my CPU. Everything seems to be working fine with my motherboard, fans and GPU. all the led's are lit from them so im assuming there isnt anything wrong with the PC itself but the monitor.

After a good clean and check from my PC, i inputted my HDMI cable to the same slot i always do on my GTX 1070 graphics card for two years and my monitor still displays "no signal" even though all the cables are inserted correctly.

I used a different HDMI cable to see if that was the issue but it clearly isnt.
I removed my GPU from my motherboard to test the monitor with just the HDMI connected to my MB to see if it displays the screen but that did not work either.

Im not exactly certain that the monitor is at fault here then again it does switch on but doesn't picuk signal from the GPU or the motherboard. If the problem was with the MB or GPU surely the led's wouldnt light up right?

If anyone has any suggestions i should try or where the problem could be, please let me know.

Specs:

CPU: intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro gamer
Ram: Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
SSD/HDD: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
GPU: Asus Strix 1070
PSU: Evga supernova 650 W G2

Last edited: