Question Monitor Keeps Turning Off and On Randomly, Green Display Issue

A$AP V

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
My monitor keeps turning off and on randomly. Old monitor had the same problem, but was not as often so I ignored it , I replaced it with a new one recently and have different power and HDMI cables, but the issue persisted. Interestingly, I have a second monitor connected via DisplayPort, and it works perfectly fine without any disruptions.

However, the main issue is that sometimes the display on my main monitor becomes completely green, and the second monitor's display stops responding as well during those instances (AMD error message pops up after this). or main monitor doesn't recognize HDMI input and second monitor's display stops responding until I restart the PC. Has anyone encountered a similar problem before or have any idea what might be causing this? I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software issue, and any suggestions or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Additionally if this helps:
  • GPU - Radeon RX 6600 (normal temperature 45C)
  • PSU - EVGA 750 BQ
  • Main Monitor - Samsung S80A (4k 27")
  • Second Monitor - LG Flatron W1942S (1440x900 19")
  • I am using Wallpaper engine and it has crushed few times
  • PC, monitors, speakers, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch dock, 41" TV and fire stick are all connected in one outlet

Colif

Win 11 Master
Could be the GPU... have you tested monitor on another PC?

I think green screen errors could be drivers.

Have you tried running ddu in safe mode, remove the AMD drivers, boot back into normal and reinstall adrenalin?

need to stop windows updating drivers auto... that could be part of it.

I wonder if its the "windows overwriting AMD Display drivers" problem I see around internet. I haven't run into it myself yet.

A$AP V

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
Could be the GPU... have you tested monitor on another PC?

I think green screen errors could be drivers.

Have you tried running ddu in safe mode, remove the AMD drivers, boot back into normal and reinstall adrenalin?

need to stop windows updating drivers auto... that could be part of it.

I wonder if its the "windows overwriting AMD Display drivers" problem I see around internet. I haven't run into it myself yet.
Yes I have tested monitor on another PC, you are right it could be GPU. Thank you I will try those things