[SOLVED] Monitor not turning on. GPU Problem?

Denis_34

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hey, recently Istarted having problems turning on my PC, when I turn it on, my monitor says "No DP" signal, i also tried different cables, but with the same result, and I also tried different monitors too, all with the same issue of no signal. The thing is, that when i unplug the PC from power, and then turn it on, it normally works with no issues.

GPU is Gigabyte 7850
I thought that maybe it could be the PSU, since the problems resolve themselves sometimes when i unplug the PC.

What do you guys think?
Thanks for answers

Solution
If your PC won't run with just the iGPU (no card in the slot), then I'd be inclined to think that the gfx card isn't the issue. Can you try the card in a different machine just to be sure?
As to the PSU, that is always a possibility. The Evga 500B should be a fairly new model, tho.
Try unplugging the drives & any other peripherals you have plugged in that aren't necessary to start, and then boot with just the iGPU. You won't get past the boot screen, but it will show if the 20 second fail still exists.

Denis_34

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Does your motherboard or CPU offer integrated graphics? If so, try that w/o the card in the slot.
You really should list your system specs when you ask for assistance. Makes it easier sometimes to diagnose.
Oh, why didnt i think of that, im sorry. Here they are
CPU: Intel i5 3470
MOBO: MSI ZH77-G43
RAM: Kingston 8Gb
PSU: EVGA 500B
GPU: Gigabyte 7850 1GB

I tried running my computer only on integrated graphic, because from what i read on the internet my mobo and cpu should support it. But when i turned the pc on, it just restarted itself after like 20sec, when i plugged the GPU back on, it worked normally. I hope I'm saying that right.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If your PC won't run with just the iGPU (no card in the slot), then I'd be inclined to think that the gfx card isn't the issue. Can you try the card in a different machine just to be sure?
As to the PSU, that is always a possibility. The Evga 500B should be a fairly new model, tho.
Try unplugging the drives & any other peripherals you have plugged in that aren't necessary to start, and then boot with just the iGPU. You won't get past the boot screen, but it will show if the 20 second fail still exists.

Solution