Question Monitor Permanent White Screen

May 4, 2020
Hello. I have an LG 27GK750F-B Monitor that I've been using for roughly two years. Randomly the other day the display turned permanently white. I have diagnosed that it is not any of the external cables nor PCs associated with the monitor. The monitor also shows a slight buzzing sound coming from the back (I'm not sure if it was there prior but I do not believe it was). I have disassembled the monitor and verified that none of the internal cables were disconnected. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what specific parts I would need to replace to potentially fix this, or possibly any other solutions which would not require me to do so. Thanks in advance!

May 4, 2020
Here are a few follow up pictures of the monitor (front, back, inside back):

ew6lmEdl.jpg

LrtedDZl.jpg

f4JoujIl.jpg

Also, here is a link to the spare parts website. If anyone has any guidance on the website as to which parts I should get if needed, I'd greatly appreciate it, instead of having a repair shop up-sell me for a fix I could do myself.

Jun 16, 2020
Hello! I am in Brazil and had the same problem with this model after 18 months of regular use. Official LG Repair Center wants to exchange the whole LCD Panel for 70% of the price of a new monitor, which is of course preposterous to say the least. I already am seeking legal help for this is a recurring problem on this model.

I also noticed the buzz you mentioned coming from the PCB behind that black 'plastic sheet' cover from the last photo in your second post. Maybe it's just a capacitor that needs soddering, but I can't tell because I'm not really knowledgeable about electronics.

Also, I found out this model, which is relatively recent, is already discontinued in UK and other countries. LG surely knows about the issue and discontinued the product, however did not make a recall because it doesn't show health hazards.

Anyway, I am interested to know if you found a solution for the problem or if you took it to an authorized LG repair center or something else.

Cheers!

Reactions: Wenderhsouza
Sep 10, 2020
Hello! I am in Brazil and had the same problem with this model after 18 months of regular use. Official LG Repair Center wants to exchange the whole LCD Panel for 70% of the price of a new monitor, which is of course preposterous to say the least. I already am seeking legal help for this is a recurring problem on this model.

I also noticed the buzz you mentioned coming from the PCB behind that black 'plastic sheet' cover from the last photo in your second post. Maybe it's just a capacitor that needs soddering, but I can't tell because I'm not really knowledgeable about electronics.

Also, I found out this model, which is relatively recent, is already discontinued in UK and other countries. LG surely knows about the issue and discontinued the product, however did not make a recall because it doesn't show health hazards.

Anyway, I am interested to know if you found a solution for the problem or if you took it to an authorized LG repair center or something else.

Cheers!
Hello my friends ! I'm from Brazil and unfortunaly I've been the same problem with this Model. I'm here doing the same process that you did. I'm upset and i'm trying found out a solutions.

I bought my monitor 31/12/2018 and at the day 01/09/2020 when I returned from bathroom the display turned permanently white.

Today Official LG Repair Center called me saying that the problem was LCD Panel and it yours to repair value is 65% of the price of a new monitor.

Do you found out another solutions ? I don't beleive that this is happening with me. Monitor very expensive and poor quality.

Thank you so much !

Sep 10, 2020
Triste realidade, sempre quis ter um monitor desse nível, comprei e depois de alguns meses após a garantia o monitor está com um defeito inviável de consertar.

Boa sorte meu amigo !

Reality sad. I always want to have this gamer monitor, I bought and then some months after warranty the monitor is with failure that not justify to fix it.

Good luck my friend !

Reactions: khianaeaton
Apr 15, 2021
No, I did not. I filed a complaint with PROCON and had no success, now I'll pursue legal action with the Juizado Civel, a.k.a. "Pequenas Causas".

E aí cara, como tá o processo?
Virou algo? Consertou seu monitor?
Tô com o mesmo problema aqui e sem saber o que fazer, se puder dar uma luz, agradeço.

Apr 15, 2021
Triste realidade, sempre quis ter um monitor desse nível, comprei e depois de alguns meses após a garantia o monitor está com um defeito inviável de consertar.

Boa sorte meu amigo !

Reality sad. I always want to have this gamer monitor, I bought and then some months after warranty the monitor is with failure that not justify to fix it.

Good luck my friend !

Consertou seu monitor?
Tô com o mesmo problema aqui e sem saber o que fazer, se puder dar uma luz, agradeço.