chriss47

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Motherboard: MSI H110I Pro AC
CPU: Intel I5 6600K
GPU: MSI R9 390
PSU: EVGA 500 BQ
Monitor: BenQ GW2760HS

So I connected my monitor to my GPU via Dual Link DVI-D and I'm getting this error saying "no signal". This may be because I had to use the VGA (8 to 6 pin) cable the PSU gave me to connect the GPU, since the PSU only had a 4+4 pin and my GPU requires an 8 to 6 pin. I thought that maybe the GPU gave me some sort of extension so I wouldn't have to use the VGA cable but apparently that's not the case so I went with the VGA. When I turn on the system the GPU light turns on so it's definitely working but I can't figure out why I'm getting this monitor error.

UPDATE: Now I have another problem. My mobo has a 4 pin CPU connector socket but the PSU doesn't have a 4 pin connector. Maybe that's the reason my monitor is giving the error but I don't know

*** NEW UPDATE ***
So the 4+4 pin that I thought was a PCIE pin was actually for the CPU connection socket. So I hooked that up and kept the VGA cable plugged into the GPU and now the system wont' start at all. So at this point I'm gonna go take it to someone I know to have a diagnostic ran and see what the problem is. My CPU could be dead since I did move it from another build but that's all I could think of.

chriss47

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

I'm using the VGA cable which is an 8+6. The PCIE cables coming directly from the PSU is a 4+4 which isn't being used for anything. But now I have another problem. My mobo has a 4 pin CPU connector socket but the PSU doesn't have a 4 pin connector. Maybe that's the reason my monitor is giving the error but I don't know

chriss47

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

In the PSU booklet it tells me to connect the PCI-E 8(6+2)-Pin x 2 into the graphics card which I did. I figured out that the 4+4 Pin was actually for the CPU. So I plugged that in to give power to the cpu, but now the system wont turn on at all. So I'm gonna take the computer to have a diagnostic ran cause I have no idea what to do