Question monitor showing weird color bar

crazymarc

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
I got a sceptre c275b-1858rn for christmas. I'm running it at 185hz thru displayport. I noticed a weird off-color bar and i don't know what it is. I ran windows color calibration and it showed up heavily while adjusting the grays so i adjusted the red a bit and got rid of it, but my screensaver popped up and i can still see it on certain pictures and colors. Can anyone tell me if this is something i need to refund the monitor for or something i can fix through color calibration?

View: https://imgur.com/Elp77qK

View: https://imgur.com/5hbTxMo

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
To me, those look like stuck pixels, you can run something like JScreenFix and many other tools. Another thing they say with dead pixels is to either press on them with your finger or get a microfiber cloth over a pencil and rub into that spot. But try the JScreenFix first.

crazymarc

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
To me, those look like stuck pixels, you can run something like JScreenFix and many other tools. Another thing they say with dead pixels is to either press on them with your finger or get a microfiber cloth over a pencil and rub into that spot. But try the JScreenFix first.
i ran it over a spot for 10 minutes and it didnt seem to do anything, the contrast setting seems to adjust it a little bit but then it shows up on other colors, mainly darker reds, darker yellow and certain grays

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
i ran it over a spot for 10 minutes and it didnt seem to do anything, the contrast setting seems to adjust it a little bit but then it shows up on other colors, mainly darker reds, darker yellow and certain grays
Well I am certain that those are stuck pixels from the knowledge I have. I may be wrong, but look up ways to fix stuck pixels and see if any of those help you

crazymarc

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
I actually just changed the hz from 185hz to 144hz and it seemed to get rid of it, i ran color calibration and went through the grays and gamma change and the pixilation didnt come up at all, will update if i find it again though