Question Monitor shows artifacts on boot but fine after a couple of minutes then works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2019
MSI Optix Mag27c (1920x1080 @144hz had if for like 6 months Pics

PC specs:

I5 8600k
Corsair RGB vengeance 16gb ram 3000
GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 other one was for testing
Corsair rm750x
Windows pro
I am still new to the PC world and not the best at troubleshooting or finding the problem

I have had this problem for the past couple of months now and it's getting worse it only happens on boot but fine after 5 mins or a couple of unplug and replug of the displayport cable.

I have tried two GPUs so it's not them and it's fine on HDMI at 120hz but I would like to get all 144hz from dp but for the time it works but I am unsure on either it's monitor or software. I have reinstall gpu drives and nothing changes not sure what cause this.

I have had the monitor looked at but it worked for them so I am not sure on what too and it's getting worse by the weeks I used too be able to see a part of my screen but now I only see a couple of line at the top of the screen and blue dots on the side and takes longer for it to re correct it self any help would be much appreciated as I am at the end of my ropes

Oct 19, 2019
No it's just black with horizontal lines of red and green or sometimes just the pictures of my background only the top of the screen works as in I see my background and mouse but the rest of the screen either has lines or its black but that's only for a few seconds the screen slow starts to reappear but freezes with lines until all the line start going away and the screen is fine in about 3 mins after first boot and It won't appear while gaming or a restart it only happens if I haven't used my PC in 3 or more hours then the problems back I have tried two graphics card same problem on both and it works fine on HDMI @120hz it's something to do with displayport I only get the problem when using DP @144hz but I am unable to check as I only have one monitor with dp and I don't won't to by another one if it's not the monitor causing the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.