Question Monitor shows out of range when trying to set a custom resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikarli

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
hello dear people,

so i just upgraded from an asus 1070strix to a new evga 2080 model
my main problem however is me not being able to set a custom stretched resolution in the nvidia control center and have it work with my games
i am doing this cause im used to playing my competitive games stretched

it was working fine without any issues with my 1070 until i switched to the 2080, now it either doesnt recognize the custom resolution or the monitor goes dark after 10secs and just shows "out of range"

i have googled for hours and tried some things but i doubt its the cable or the monitors fault as those have been working fine before

either the 2080 just doesnt like that or it is broken

Enable DSR
DSR can't even be used at the same time as custom resolutions...

hello dear people,

so i just upgraded from an asus 1070strix to a new evga 2080 model
my main problem however is me not being able to set a custom stretched resolution in the nvidia control center and have it work with my games
i am doing this cause im used to playing my competitive games stretched

it was working fine without any issues with my 1070 until i switched to the 2080, now it either doesnt recognize the custom resolution or the monitor goes dark after 10secs and just shows "out of range"

i have googled for hours and tried some things but i doubt its the cable or the monitors fault as those have been working fine before

either the 2080 just doesnt like that or it is broken
Try enabling GPU scaling.
xXc3ZYJ.jpg

ikarli

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Try enabling GPU scaling.
had that turned on but it wasnt helping
also it was very buggy in general, like sometimes the game would give me the out of range error and sometimes it would load in the native resolution even when changing nothing at all

for now im using my old gpu again as the new one isnt for any use if i cant set the game to stretched

Status
Not open for further replies.