Question Monitor suggestions

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1440p or 1080p?

Typical advice for 27" would be 1440p, and those seem to be the only available size that are IPS and 144hz with a 1ms response time. Likely all similar panels, and since I see LG in the list, probably them that made it.

LG or Acer I guess.

1080p VG271 or 27GL650F-B
1440p VG271U or 27GL83A-B

I have a feeling these are identical in features, but which one used the A grade panels vs the B grade panels, or if they both represent the same quality.

Jdambrose

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2014
1440p or 1080p?

Typical advice for 27" would be 1440p, and those seem to be the only available size that are IPS and 144hz with a 1ms response time. Likely all similar panels, and since I see LG in the list, probably them that made it.

LG or Acer I guess.

1080p VG271 or 27GL650F-B
1440p VG271U or 27GL83A-B

I have a feeling these are identical in features, but which one used the A grade panels vs the B grade panels, or if they both represent the same quality.
So I wasn’t sure, but I think 1440p would be a more current and long term solution. I looked at that Acer model and thought the price was amazing. I’m not sure if there is any flaw that I am overlooking?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Probably some hidden caveats to the HDR support, but that is pretty normal. Probably can't do HDR at high refresh, or brightness won't be as good in HDR mode, but these are super common in the market right now. HDR is going to get a bad reputation since it will be so inconsistent.

No height adjustable stand/rotation, I don't think monitors this expensive shouldn't have them, but at least it has a VESA mount so you can always get your own stand.

Nothing wrong with planning a little ahead, even if you can't pull of 1440p 144hz now, a few years from now, that will probably be pretty easy to do. (My GTX1080 is starting to lag behind a little on that front)

TRENDING THREADS