[SOLVED] Monitor turns off after booting randomly

Sep 19, 2019
So I have a problem where every other time I turn on my computer, it boots past "Arsenal gaming" title, and then the video signal to the monitor cuts off. This is fixed by turning off and on again, where it loads fine into the windows. Tried replugging monitor cables, fans are working, EZ Debug says everything works fine, mouse and keyboard are connected and glowing with RGB, but monitor itself says that there is no signal. Other times it turns on with no problem.
I have updated bios to 38 from 30 and overclocked the processor from 3.6 to 4.1, but those are the only major things that I have changed. Only have started after I updated bios to 38 possibly (I got this computer a bit more than a week ago)
Here is the list of PC parts:
Windows 10 Home (64x)
Corsair PSU Builder CX550M
Kingston SSD A400 480GB
CoolerMaster MasterFan MF120R ARGB
VGA MSI GeForce GTX 1660 TI ARMOR 6G OC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
AMD MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
be quiet! Pure Wings 2 140MM PWM 2x
G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 2x8GB 3200Mhz
Phanteks Eclipse P300
Seagate HDD 3.5" 2TB ST2000DM008 Barracuda
Stock CPU cooler

Solution
I’m pretty sure you are running v33 ABBA bios. I had the same problem after updating bios, video signal gone after bios screens (arsenal gaming etc.) revert back to v31 bios and everything is working again. I hope this helps since i lost 10h of my life changing parta on my new build because of this...

Ralston18

Titan
Have you tried other known working video cables?

Have you tried another known working monitor or TV that supports computer video input.

Have you tried the current monitor on another known working computer?

Determine if the video signal cut off stays with the current host computer or follows the monitor.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the cut off times.

Run the built-in Windows troubleshooters - they may find and fix something.

Next action would be to open the computer case and doublecheck that all cards, cables, RAM, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Sep 19, 2019
Have you tried other known working video cables?

Have you tried another known working monitor or TV that supports computer video input.

Have you tried the current monitor on another known working computer?

Determine if the video signal cut off stays with the current host computer or follows the monitor.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the cut off times.

Run the built-in Windows troubleshooters - they may find and fix something.

Next action would be to open the computer case and doublecheck that all cards, cables, RAM, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

1. I am not currently home, but I have not yet been able to test this issue with other cables
  2. I don't have any other monitors :/
  3. This monitor has worked perfectly fine for last 2 months with a separate laptop, but with HDMI instead of DisplayPort
  4. Will check out reliability History and the troubleshooter, thanks!

Sep 21, 2019
I’m pretty sure you are running v33 ABBA bios. I had the same problem after updating bios, video signal gone after bios screens (arsenal gaming etc.) revert back to v31 bios and everything is working again. I hope this helps since i lost 10h of my life changing parta on my new build because of this...

Reactions: Nagariku
Solution
Sep 21, 2019
V33 is the newest bios for Tomahawk MAX and that one is not working (you randomly get or don’t get video signal after arsenal bios screen) i also posted a support question about this to MSI...

Sep 19, 2019

Thanks, I believe that fixed it! I donwgraded to 3.1 which I think I had when the PC arrived.

Reactions: Lifty