[SOLVED] Monitors screen solid colors when I use dual monitors

mnmCarlos

Honorable
Jan 31, 2015
I have a 1080 ti and for the last week, every time I turn on my PC, it works for about 10 seconds. It takes me to the main screen but once I press an application, both screens just turn a solid color and i have to restart. But once i just use one monitor, it works. On either monitor, doesn't matter, if its on my HDMI one or display port, if it's just one, it works perfectly. But once I plug both in, it crashes and solid screens. Everything I have seen online that this means that the GPU is dying, but it works perfectly with one monitor, so can it be something else?

Solution
Corrupt drivers is the only other thing I can think of. Download the latest drivers if you don't already have them, boot to safe mode, uninstall GPU drivers, install fresh drivers and see if that helps. You could also check your GPU vendor's support page to see if there may be a vBIOS update.

If none of the above helps, one last ditch effort before writing off the GPU would be to install Windows on a spare HDD/SSD in case the OS itself might be corrupted.

InvalidError

Titan
Corrupt drivers is the only other thing I can think of. Download the latest drivers if you don't already have them, boot to safe mode, uninstall GPU drivers, install fresh drivers and see if that helps. You could also check your GPU vendor's support page to see if there may be a vBIOS update.

If none of the above helps, one last ditch effort before writing off the GPU would be to install Windows on a spare HDD/SSD in case the OS itself might be corrupted.

Solution