Question More Powerful 200mm Fan

MrOddlyFox

Honorable
Nov 27, 2014
Hello there!
It's been a while for me.

My current obstacle is I have a Thermaltake 200mm Pure 20 Series CL-F015-PL20BL-A case fan that I am using for a project. It has a higher CFM rating than the previous fan, but at its diameter and RPM the overall flow is pretty pathetic. Well, for the application I'm using it for anyways.

What I'm looking for;
  • 200mm (or 8") fan
  • noise is less of a concern
  • DC or AC power
  • CFM 220-300+
  • Lower priced
  • Help appreciated

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
200mm (or 8") fan
CFM 220-300+
You've set the bar really high... only industrial grade fans, like Delta, for example, would fit that criteria, it'd be twice as thick, and it wouldn't be cheap - nor would you even find one as such.
Such a powerful 200mm would require really robust fan bearings so it doesn't shatter in mere minutes from running at the ludicrous fan speeds necessary for the CFM you want.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The highest cfm 200mm Fan made for pc's currently is the NZXT FN-200RB. At 166.2 CFM.

I think that since you stated 'overall flow is pretty pathetic' you are confusing cfm with static pressure. Cfm being the cubic feet of air moved in a minute and static pressure being with how much force that air is moved.

Picture a standard ceiling fan spinning on high at 400rpm. Feel the breeze while under it. Now picture one of those 'Big Ass' fans that have a diameter of upto 24ft, and a high speed of 2 rpm. Guess which has far more static pressure, flow you can feel, yet guess which actually moves far more air at 1/200th the rpm.

Last edited: