Question Moron wants to buy turntable

VGM8Richard

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
Hey I am a complete noob when it comes to turntables and audio in general but I have a special connection with it due to nostalgia with my family and would love to own one on the cheap.
Problem is I don't want to buy an extra set of speakers to connect to them (did some shallow diving on the web) as that would quickly ramp up the price.
I read that the turntables that do come with speakers are quite bad, at least the speaker audio quality. I don't want it to sound bad after all.
What would the best solution for me be? Get a more expensive model with better built-in speakers or maybe go for a cheap jack of all trades and get a cheap pair of speakers to connect to it. Any advice would be recommended as I am new to them in general and would like to stay in the 100 euros range where possible. 150 At most but that's pushing it for nostalgia.

Hey I am a complete noob when it comes to turntables and audio in general but I have a special connection with it due to nostalgia with my family and would love to own one on the cheap.
Problem is I don't want to buy an extra set of speakers to connect to them (did some shallow diving on the web) as that would quickly ramp up the price.
I read that the turntables that do come with speakers are quite bad, at least the speaker audio quality. I don't want it to sound bad after all.
What would the best solution for me be? Get a more expensive model with better built-in speakers or maybe go for a cheap jack of all trades and get a cheap pair of speakers to connect to it. Any advice would be recommended as I am new to them in general and would like to stay in the 100 euros range where possible. 150 At most but that's pushing it for nostalgia.

So you did not actually say how you were going to be playing the records if you did not buy "extra" speakers. What speakers were you planning on using?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JL2498C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one that I have. It works well. Internal speakers are ok-ish, but there are audio outputs, and inputs surprisingly if you wanted to use an MP3 player on the speakers. It also has a USB output so you can hook it up to a computer and use something like Audacity to digitize your vinyl library. USB cable not included. It can run on battery or plugged in as well.

kanewolf

Titan
I would not use built-in speakers, it will be barely better than stuff you will hear from a phone or tablet.

Also cheap turntables and arms/needles will wear out the records more so you want something decent to keep your records in good shape.

There is an interesting lower level but still decent quality turntable that has bluetooth built in, which means you can link bluetooth headphones or wireless speakers to it that you may have already. Audio Technica AT-LP60BK-BT https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP60-Automatic-Belt-Drive-Turntable/dp/B01BE5CT8U?th=1

Or get the cheaper and newer standard model Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-BK https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Techni...ti-Resonance/dp/B07N3XJ66N/ref=dp_ob_title_ce and a decent set of lower priced powered speakers like Edifier R980T.

While the cost is a bit higher, you are looking at something you will be using for years, and the speakers will sound good with anything, computer, phone, etc... so they are not just a limited use setup. I've never once regretted buying a good quality item for more, but many times regretted trying to save money on cheaper stuff. Cheap stuff breaks, and does not give you enjoyment when using it, spending another 30,40,50 on something good is better than saving a few hours of salary and getting something you will be wishing was better.

Reactions: Alabalcho

VGM8Richard

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
200+65 for speakers we're talking about almost double my budget. As I said, I want "decent" for nostalgia, I don't need anything more than "good for the price" a starter if you will. Maybe something that I can use my own speakers on or computer, I don't need to sync anything, but need decent sound quality. Is there truly nothing around that price point I wonder. I've seen many go for less but the reviews even though highly rated are all done by from what I can tell, amateurs.