Motherboard doesnt line up with case standoff screws

RealBinary

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
So im trying to install my Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H motherboard into my NZXT H440 case, well im S*** outta luck cause the screw holes aren't lining up. Does anyone know about this case and/or mobo? I really wanna get it in so i can finish my build. Thanks to anyone who offers any sort of help :)

Just to be clear, the case is ATX and the Mobo is ATX

Solution
A socket wrench is ideal, but ANY wrench can do the job. Small crescent is fine. Even some sturdy pliers will do it. You are on the right track. Simply unscrew ones in the wrong place and re-locate them. Ideally, you should end up with a stand-off under every mounting hole in the mobo (often there are 9 in 3 lines of 3). But MOST IMPORTANTLY there should never be any stand-off under the mobo where there is NO mounting hole. The mobo is supposed to be Grounded at each mounting hole by the screw and stand-off, and at NO other spot under it.

RealBinary

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017

it seems like they can be unscrewed and moved to different holes, and i realized some alligned, but i dont really know what tool would be used to move the screws to a different position. As far as i can see i maybe freaked out a bit but i have realized 3 of 4 corners are good for holes, but i must have to move one for the bottom left. any idea what tool i need to unscrew standoffs?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
A socket wrench is ideal, but ANY wrench can do the job. Small crescent is fine. Even some sturdy pliers will do it. You are on the right track. Simply unscrew ones in the wrong place and re-locate them. Ideally, you should end up with a stand-off under every mounting hole in the mobo (often there are 9 in 3 lines of 3). But MOST IMPORTANTLY there should never be any stand-off under the mobo where there is NO mounting hole. The mobo is supposed to be Grounded at each mounting hole by the screw and stand-off, and at NO other spot under it.

Solution