Aug 12, 2019
So I've started having BSoD a while back (a month ago), it became frequent out of no where. I looked up some of the error codes and came to the conclusion it could be my RAM finally dying (had them for about +7 years). Ran memtest86 and it was spitting out errors like crazy. Decided to ignore it and also update my GPU driver. That stopped my BSoD for a month. Well now I'm having issues again. So by running memtest86 again, still got errors so I bought new ram and installed it 2 days ago (10th of Aug.). They worked fine for a couple of minutes before BSoD. Turns out my rig is unstable with this RAM's 1866MHz speed and would pretty much BSoD on startup of the OS. I underclocked it to 1600 and Every thing works fine until today (12th of Aug) where I'm BSoD after a couple of minutes of use, usually between 10 to 30 minutes of use.

I ran memtest86 again and I was getting errors on this new ram. After testing all day I've come to a couple of conclusions.

1. The most common error I see when testing every socket (both channels) with all 4 sticks I own (one at a time; my 2 old ones and the 2 new ones) is failing 3 parts of test1 for only the first pass. Any subsequent pass of test 1 would come back with no errors and if I exited and reentered memtest86, I would not get the same error at all. This however changes with a hard reset, where then I would get the 3 errors in test 1 again.

2. Occasionally I can begin to load memtest86, but then my computer restarts without losing power. This happens about 2 to 3 times before memtest86 can completely load and run tests. This even happens during tests too.

3. Sometimes the RAM reports back a lot of errors in test 1 and 2 after I just swapped it out or moved it into a new slot.

I'm at my wits end about this. I just want to know if this sounds like I should replace my mobo because I doubt it's my ram any more.

Specs:
(Nothing is OC'd)
CPU: AMD FX 8350
Mobo: Asus M5A99X Evo
Old RAM: G-skill 1866MHz 2x4gb
New RAM: Tecmiyo 1866MHz 2x8gb
GPU: AMD Rx 580
PSU: EVGA 650 G3