Question motherboard no booting and siren beep

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
hello people!
i have this old motherboard A7N266-vm whit a Athlon xp 2000 processor
the mother wont boot up, and makes a two tone siren.
according to bios beeps list, two tone siren means Low CPU fan speed, voltage level issue.
but still, having low fan voltage shoulndt be a problem to boot anyway?
the processor is fine so the memory.
how can test the cpu fan voltage and wich are the parts involved?
here is a video whit the exact example of the siren:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O38fqv4ohI

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to include a better quality video/images of the build you're trying to revive. In retrospect, you will need to specify the specs to the build. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for the beeps, you might want to unplug all devices from the PSU that are non essential, such as Floppy disk drive, DVD writer and what looks like additional fans in the case. Sorry, the video being 144p is absolutely horrible and I can't make out much of what the innards are.

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
You might want to include a better quality video/images of the build you're trying to revive. In retrospect, you will need to specify the specs to the build. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for the beeps, you might want to unplug all devices from the PSU that are non essential, such as Floppy disk drive, DVD writer and what looks like additional fans in the case. Sorry, the video being 144p is absolutely horrible and I can't make out much of what the innards are.

that video is not mine, it was put there just o show how the siren sounds, and the specs of the computer are this :motherboard A7N266-vm
gpu is nvidia onboard
whit a Athlon xp 2000 processor
and im not conecting anything on
just the escential hardware, processor and memory only.
is not even on the chasis.
the fan cooler of the processor trys to spin several times during the siren.
is not the memory, is not the processor. is not the PSU.
so is the motherboard, but on wich area?

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
problem solved. is the bios that is screwed, i changed the chip and it worked. now the other one is dead and no beeps at all.---
so i saved one, and got another one broken!

TRENDING THREADS