Question Motherboard no splash-screen or BIOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrxcracked

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
I have an Intel i5 11400F (no graphics) on a Asus Prime B560M-A (BIOS up to date).

When I press power-on button a long beep and 3 short beeps sounds, besides that a white LED remains ON all the time. This problem is related to VGA (according to the manual).
After that a green LED turns ON (no video so far). If I press F1 Windows boots and when MoBo reaches logon screen video turns on (magically) but white LED remains on all the time (even when I can use Windows perfectly).

So my problem is I cannot enter BIOS or I don't have the certain since I don't have video.
The only way to get splash-screen and BIOS working that I discovered so far is using a CPU with integrated graphics but I don't have one anymore.

I really need to use BIOS to change some CPU and RAM frequencies and to enable XMP profile.
I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give me.

Sep 15, 2021
Hi, did you ever since this problem?

I've got the same kind of issue. Same processor and motherboard, RX570 GPU, it just repeatedly beeps and lights the VGA error LED.

Thanks in advance.

mrxcracked

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
Hi, did you ever since this problem?

I've got the same kind of issue. Same processor and motherboard, RX570 GPU, it just repeatedly beeps and lights the VGA error LED.

Thanks in advance.
It seems it is an Asus problem. I bought a Tuf gaming B560M-PLUS WIF and has exactly the same problem, tested with an i3 10105F and i5 11400F so that means that ASUS' B560 motherboards aren't working with Intel F processors. I tried with a Pentium G(something) and did work well.
I've already reported this to ASUS but I think they don't care

Reactions: Nav9

Nav9

Prominent
Mar 28, 2022
I was planning to buy the exact same processor and board, and I'm glad I came across this thread. This review says "What really displeases me is how tacked-together and unfinished the whole Rocket Lake platform feels. The BIOSes have numerous bugs that are completely obvious to anyone using them for more than 10 minutes".

Status
Not open for further replies.