Question Motherboard not booting up

Apr 22, 2020
hey guys. I recently did a case Swap. After the swap. I turned on my pc but nothing. No spinning fans. Nothing. My motherboard lights up and shows signs of life. I've done just about everything possible to get it to work but nothing. I've tried to short it to get it to power on but nothing. My motherboard is the ROG Strix x470-f. The rgb is working fine and there's a orange light just on underneath the sata ports. Im in the middle of an rma. Still need to ship it off but I think its fixable. I dont want to rma it because school starts soon and its all I have. Any help appreciated. Thanks

popatim

Titan
First check that all the power supply cables are installed into their correct connectors on the motherbd, peripherals, and into the PSU if it's modular. Next check that everything is seated correctly/fully; CPU, Ram, & GPU. Sometimes the cooler on a CPU will come loose or the GPU will lift up out of the slot on one end.

If that didn't fix it then its Time to take it out of the new case and look for anything that might be shorting out he bottom of the motherbd. Sometimes there is a standoff that's in the wrong place and there have been a few who didn't put the standoffs in at all (most cases come with the standoffs installed)

If you don't see any then breadboard the system on a table. You need the CPU & cooler, ram, GPU (if your motherboard doesn't use/have integrated or CPU graphics), and the PSU.

Apr 22, 2020
First check that all the power supply cables are installed into their correct connectors on the motherbd, peripherals, and into the PSU if it's modular. Next check that everything is seated correctly/fully; CPU, Ram, & GPU. Sometimes the cooler on a CPU will come loose or the GPU will lift up out of the slot on one end.

If that didn't fix it then its Time to take it out of the new case and look for anything that might be shorting out he bottom of the motherbd. Sometimes there is a standoff that's in the wrong place and there have been a few who didn't put the standoffs in at all (most cases come with the standoffs installed)

If you don't see any then breadboard the system on a table. You need the CPU & cooler, ram, GPU (if your motherboard doesn't use/have integrated or CPU graphics), and the PSU.
I'm gonna rma it because I've already tried all that