Dec 8, 2019
My computer recently received a windows blue screen that restarts in a loop. The stop code is Session 1 Initialization failure, I tried all the troubleshoot options including entering various commands through command prompt but to no avail. Therefore, I decided to reinstall Windows 10 iso through a 32GB USB and boot it through Rufus using partition MBR and format NTFS including adding the fix for older BIOSes. When I select any boot first device from the menu it doesn't seem that the motherboard recognizes the USB. I also tried all of the fixes found on this url https://www.blackmoreops.com/2013/12/28/enable-usb-boot-in-gigabyte-motherboard/ any help would be enormously appreciated since I have exhausted all of my options. My motherboard is GA-78LMT-S2

Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
I would start with re installing an MBR to the USB drive,some don't come with one pre installed and I'm not sure if rufus installs one.
EasyBCD is goto tool for doing stuff like that.
Dec 8, 2019
I would start with re installing an MBR to the USB drive,some don't come with one pre installed and I'm not sure if rufus installs one.
I followed your advice and attempted to write an mbr through BCD Deployment yet I still can't seem to get the motherboard to recognize the USB. I'm going to buy a SanDisk USB to see if that changes anything

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019
Update: I was finally able to install windows through a SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB . The problem seemed to be the Onn USB that I was previously using.
Thank you so much for your input, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have been able to resolve this issue.