MrsAverageMan

Honorable
Dec 7, 2014
Hi all,

Have been having a rather strange issue with my Moto G6 Plus that I've owned for around a year and a half now. My speaker has been rather temperamental after having my phone bend whilst inside my pocket, to the point where if the bending of the phone is causing the speaker to die and come back to life. I am 100% convinced that this issue is purely hardware-based due to the bending of the phone, but I am unsure of what is causing it. The sound also doesn't work when headphones are connected to it but DOES work when connected to a Bluetooth speaker.

This has been getting progressively worse over the past two weeks to the point now, where the speaker is not working at all.

I have tried all the usual suspects, reboot, hard reset, boot to safe mode, toggling the 'mono' sound option, toggling 'prevent USB routing', all to no avail - adding to my suspicions that this is a hardware fault. I also cannot see anything unusual after opening the phone up, except the NFC patch has a slight tear in it where it connects to the back of the phone.

If anyone can provide any more technical details that may be of assistance to my case, that would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I've been through the same problem with my Moto G4 Plus smartphone.

I'm guessing that it's a software fault and simply restarting or updating the phone will do the trick.

Also, reset app preferences.

After that and having your data backed up, you can reset/update.

Sagar_20

Distinguished

I'm guessing that it's a software fault and simply restarting or updating the phone will do the trick.

Solution

MrsAverageMan

Honorable
Dec 7, 2014

Unfortunately a simple restart doesn't do the trick. I'll try resetting the app preferences, but I'm not convinced that will do it, reason being that the sound would cut out if the phone was flexed, which points to a bad point of contact somewhere internally.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a go anyway.

D

Deleted member 14196

If the phone doesn’t work because it has been flexed too much and you’re going to need a new phone because there’s no fix for this

MrsAverageMan

Honorable
Dec 7, 2014
If the phone doesn’t work because it has been flexed too much and you’re going to need a new phone because there’s no fix for this

The rest of the phone works as it did from day one, just the speaker/earpiece, and headphone jack seem to have given up the ghost pointing towards motherboard failure. I can buy a replacement earpiece from eBay, but can't source a motherboard.