Question Mouse and Keyboard stops working while plugged in charger

Jun 9, 2021
I have asus kj73s when i connect mouse and keyboard in usb port it works fine but when i plugged in charger it stops working.I have checked my keyboard and mouse with other laptops,They are working fine.
I have updated all the drivers,do window update but nothing seems working.
What to do now?
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what BISO version you're on for your laptop? You can use CPU-Z to tell you what your BIOS version is. As for the laptop, what OS version are you on? For Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1. I can't seem to find much detail about your laptop, mind sharing a screenshot of each tab in CPU-Z? Make and model of the keyboard and mouse? Which ports on the laptop are you using to pair the peripherals to laptop?

Lutfij

Titan
First off, your laptop's built using the 2nd gen i3, that tells me that the laptop is more than a decade old. Secondly, the support page for your laptop seems to be nonexistent on Asus's database, which means I can't cross reference the laptop's BIOS version with what you have and if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Third, the OS you're on, you should ideally be on Windows 7. At best on Windows 10, with all drivers installed in Compatibility mode.

The issue you speak of with the adapter power being fed to the laptop being the root cause of the USB peripherals disconnecting, would tell me that the circuitry in your laptop may very well be compromised. To add, why are you connecting USB keyboard and mouse the laptop? I see any regular user connecting a mouse to the laptop but the laptop's keyboard should be fine, unless that needs replacing(given it's age).

Jun 9, 2021
First off, your laptop's built using the 2nd gen i3, that tells me that the laptop is more than a decade old. Secondly, the support page for your laptop seems to be nonexistent on Asus's database, which means I can't cross reference the laptop's BIOS version with what you have and if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Third, the OS you're on, you should ideally be on Windows 7. At best on Windows 10, with all drivers installed in Compatibility mode.

The issue you speak of with the adapter power being fed to the laptop being the root cause of the USB peripherals disconnecting, would tell me that the circuitry in your laptop may very well be compromised. To add, why are you connecting USB keyboard and mouse the laptop? I see any regular user connecting a mouse to the laptop but the laptop's keyboard should be fine, unless that needs replacing(given it's age).
Thanks man!