Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankler

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
My mouse lags, I think it does it on the desktop (not sure), but in games it easy to see. I set my max fps to 100 and then it lags when I move mouse around, but when I have 400 fps it doesn't lag! I have tried another mouse, updating all drivers (chipset, mb, GPU, mouse).. Don't know what to do?

CPU: AMD 64 x2 4200+
MB: A8N-SLI SE
GPU: Asus Geforce 7600GT
2 GB kingston PC3200 Ram

site3op

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
What game is it? Do you run anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall, etc? How many background apps do you have running? Have you defragged? etc...

ausylo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
could be a weird driver issue or specific program doing it to ya. adware / spyware. usb 1 or 2?

WilliamT

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Are you using a USB mouse or PS2? A USB Mouse needs to share resources with other USB devices which will cause the Mouse to slow down a lot.

If your using a USB mouse, get an PS2 adapter so the mouse has its own interrupt to work with.

jeepn

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
..if you have a wireless mouse, try moving the base closer to your mouse pad. If this doesnt work... change the battery in it. I have the MX700 and sometimes the cursor will not respond to my movements due to static interferance from other devices, after I move the base closer it fixes it.

Errrrrrr

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
My mouse lags, I think it does it on the desktop (not sure), but in games it easy to see. I set my max fps to 100 and then it lags when I move mouse around, but when I have 400 fps it doesn't lag! I have tried another mouse, updating all drivers (chipset, mb, GPU, mouse).. Don't know what to do?

CPU: AMD 64 x2 4200+
MB: A8N-SLI SE
GPU: Asus Geforce 7600GT
2 GB kingston PC3200 Ram

You can try to go to the Nvidia display settings, on the left menu, under "Performance & Quality Settings" -> "Additional Direct3D Settings" and adjust max frames to render ahead. Lowering it to 0 or 1 might help, depending on the game. For example, Oblivion has a severe mouse lag if you have this option set at default (3).

If you don't see the "Additional Direct3D Settings", you'll need to download CoolBits:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/GeForce-Overclocking-CoolBits-Reg.shtml

Simis

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
i get the same thing and when in games when i play FPS usualy it stops and lags for like 5-10 seconds then works fine again.... any1 know why would be nice to get some help thx!

carpe_diem_tor

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2008

So far, this sugestion worked best for me. I moved the wireless connector on my logitech from the back of the case to the front-mouted USB ports and I get much better response!

gratelight

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
Asus AN8-SLI
AMD64 3500+(2.2G)
2 gigs DDR memory (2 x 512 Kingston, 2 x 512 Crusial Ballistics)
NVIDIA 7600 GT 256MB
Win XP 64bit Edition

As some may see, I have a simular setup as a previous poster. I built this comp in 2006. I've had absolutely no issues at all with this setup over the years. It wasn't until recently that my mouse has been lagging. I've not changed any hardware nor software other than windows updates. I'm led to believe that It's related to such updates in some way. I have changed from my rear USB port back to the front which seems to make an improvement. I'm using the Logitec wireless rechargable revolution.

tristanb

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
I had problems with my Logitech wireless mouse when I upgraded by computer. Whenever it was plugged into the back USB ports it kept getting lag.

One option is to move it to a front port. I used a small extension cable ~20cm and it works very well. I guess the receiver was being mucked up by the EMR from the PSU or HDD. (The lag was worse when the HDD was active.)

Status
Not open for further replies.