Question Mouse sensitivity issues, Mouse lags/slows down Over ANY Clickable UI interface. Any possible fixes?

Feb 4, 2022
Mouse sensitivity changes/lags over ANY clickable UI, Pictures, links, Icons, etc. Even in games and Menus. Can't enjoy ANYTHING. Anyone have a fix?

Hello, i'm having a major issue. I think it might be GPU/Display/G sync related but i'm not sure. Mouse sensitivity changes over ANY clickable UI, Pictures, links, Icons, etc. Even in games like League, or RTS games or Menus, anything where my mouse has to interact with clickable UI ETC ANYTHING that can interact with the mouse, whenever i hover past it i can feel my mouse slow down or lag or get dragged backwards, as if the sensitivity changes on the fly, then it speeds back up when it's not over the offending UI element. I also noticed certain APPS with hardware accel have a constant "floaty" mouse feeling that i don't get on my naked desktop. Also, certain GUI elements cause my mouse to disappear momentarily and freeze and not just slow down/lag. Certain app start ups cause my mouse to stuttter for a few seconds after launch aswell.

Does anyone know what the issue is. I swear I'm going mad. I can't even play games like League of legends, or browse contently. Constantly feels like my mouse is fighting against me and lowering it's sensitivity over any interactable UI. I've tried so many different things, i saw a few threads of people having the same issue but haven't found a definitive fix. I thought it could be an interaction with a free sync monitor and Nvidia, so i bought a dedicated G sync monitor XG270QG, THE ISSUE is still there and even worse Tbh. Does anyone know what is going on?

Like League of Legends for example. Completely unplayable. Whenever my mouse goes over enemy minions/champions and the cursor changes, it's like the sensitivity/HZ of the mouse drops significant. Causing me to Undershoot/overshoot multiple times, have to correct it, or not be able to react fast enough and i literally can't do anything, Those extra Hundreds of milliseconds i spend correcting or in that slow mouse state or Undershooting etc means the game is completely unplayable competitively. I can literally see and feel the mouse slow down.

This is the most prevalent and obtrusive issue I've ever had on PC.

Mod Edit - Language

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

In relevance to this thread, please include the makes and models of your peripherals. Include the BIOS version as well. If you're on Windows 10, please include the version(not edition) of the OS.

I've tried so many different things
It'd also help if you clarified what you tried and didn't work to avoid repeating tasks that didn't bear fruit.

Reactions: GigaNOT455
Feb 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

In relevance to this thread, please include the makes and models of your peripherals. Include the BIOS version as well. If you're on Windows 10, please include the version(not edition) of the OS.

I've tried so many different things
It'd also help if you clarified what you tried and didn't work to avoid repeating tasks that didn't bear fruit.
I9-9900k
Xi Hero Pro Wifi
Corsair 3600 CL14 RGB Dominator
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB, ST1000, Samsung 970 2 TB, ADATA SU650
2080TI EVGA FTW 3 ULTRA
EVGA 220-G5-0850-X1 Super Nova 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
NZXT H710i
Windows 11, I only updated from 10 to see if it would have any effect on the lag.
Samsung Space SRE75 144hz was my old monitor, Bought a XG270QG recently to see if a new non free sync monitor would remedy the issue. It seems to be worse. Suprisingly.

Things i've tried.
Tried several different mice, over 7. Tried Display port and HDMI, Tried Updating BIOS, Tried G Sync on/OFF. Tried reverting mouse cursor to default in windows. Tried 2 different monitors. I WOULD'VE tried a non G Sync, Free Sync monitor but i literally cannot find a High Refresh rate NON VRR monitor of decent quality, anywhere. Due to the AMD/NVIDIA Monopoly. At the beginning of the issue i thought it was a physical mouse issue. Tried multiple different mouse pads, feet etc. Tried Factory Reset. Tried 3 sets of Ram.

Some of these things had an effect on the consistent/baseline feel and throughput/laginess of the mouse (obviously). They had 0 (or nothing that i could perceive) effect on the mouse lag/slow downs that happen over Clickable/Interactable UI interfaces, However. Doesn't really matter how good the mouse feels consistently or baseline when it ALWAYS lags/slows down over anything clickable.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
In relevance to this thread, please include the makes and models of your peripherals. Include the BIOS version as well.
You didn't state that in your post above.

Link to the rams you've used. if they are dual channel kits, mention which slots you've worked with.

Feb 4, 2022
In relevance to this thread, please include the makes and models of your peripherals. Include the BIOS version as well.
You didn't state that in your post above.

Link to the rams you've used. if they are dual channel kits, mention which slots you've worked with.
Current Mouse is Cooler Master MM711. Huntsmen Elite Keyboard. BIOS 1902.
I've used Rip jaw and Corsair Dominator. Nothing else. My last set was Corsair Dominator 4 DIMM 32gb. This set is 2 DIMM 32 GB. In slot 2 and 4, as stated to do by the manual.

Issue is absolutely reproducible over and over (though sometimes it seems less severe or gone completely when i restart my PC). No matter what mouse. It's almost like its some setting designed for those with declining reflexes/cognition so it can make clicking things easier to click on. I can Physically see (and feel) the mouse cursor slow down over Clickable UI like the DPI drops from 2300 to 100 in that moment , like it's getting "stuck". No matter how fast i move my mouse. Absolutely ridiculous and weird.

Feb 4, 2022
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CatalinaPatcher/comments/gqb8y4/mouse_slow_down_when_hover_hyperlinks/

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/gac5hh/cursor_lag_over_linkstext_when_cursor_changes/

https://community.intel.com/t5/Grap...quot-in-Dual-GPU-setup-with-HD3000/m-p/445247

I think i'm on to something, and i've narrowed it down even more.
I'm 90% sure it's CPU/GPU related.

Found multiple threads with my exact issues, some are on mac, some are on windows seems to be more prevelant with Multi Monitor setups, which mine is not. One person fixed it (on mac) by disabling above 4G decoding and adding npci=0x2000 to boot config and claimed his Old Intel CPU never had this issue?
Another claimed Using old Intel drivers and not new ones fixed it.