Mouse sensor not working?

Helpme1235

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
hey,
i split some water in my mouse mat and cleaned it but i don't know if the mat was dry or not i placed my steel series rival 100 mouse on top starting gaming. at first, i didn't notice anything wrong first but in about day or two, i played cs go when i try to aim, my mouse was twitching every time i moved left or right. it also happens when i try to use browser, when i try to click on tab, its very inaccurate and the mouse cursor doesn't respond immediately. I tried using paper with the mouse and it was happening with it as well so im pretty sure it wasn't my mouse mat. i also tried using a normal mouse and it was working fine with the mouse mat. i had this mouse for about 1 and half years so i dont know it may be broken? i was thinking of buying a new mouse like the razer death elite

Solution
When the spill happened are you sure that no water got inside the mouse? Could whatever caused the spill also bumped or hit the mouse?

If other mice work okay and if the mouse mat is okay then the "Rival 100 Mouse" is suspect.

Since you were thinking about buying another mouse anyway you might try taking the Rival 100 apart and to do some additional drying out and to look for other problems as well. Water related or otherwise -mouse already being 1 1/2 years old).

Mostly a matter of how much DIY time and effort you wish to put into salvaging the mouse.

Ralston18

Titan
When the spill happened are you sure that no water got inside the mouse? Could whatever caused the spill also bumped or hit the mouse?

If other mice work okay and if the mouse mat is okay then the "Rival 100 Mouse" is suspect.

Since you were thinking about buying another mouse anyway you might try taking the Rival 100 apart and to do some additional drying out and to look for other problems as well. Water related or otherwise -mouse already being 1 1/2 years old).

Mostly a matter of how much DIY time and effort you wish to put into salvaging the mouse.

Solution