Question Mouse Stops working

Dec 20, 2023
Hello,
I have this issue for 6 months now where my mouse randomly stops working following with the disconnecting sound from pc. The rgb on the mouse and the laser on the sensor doesn't seem to turn off with it. It just happens randomly mostly when I'm gaming and sometimes when I'm not. This seems to happen even If I'm not moving my mouse rapidly or even If It's just not in use. I tried connecting it to my laptop and It worked flawlessly. After I connected it back to my pc that seem to fixed it for few days but after that the same issue. Can anyone help fixing this issue.
Mouse : Hyperx Pulsefire Haste (wired)

Cpu : intel core i3-9100
Motherboard: Gigabyte h310m D2vx Si 2.0
Gpu : Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 580 8gb
Ram : 2x Crucial 8gb 2666mhz
Psu: Thermaltake Toughpower GF 650W

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Exactly how / where is the mouse plugged in? I'm thinking there MAY be a power issue here. I expect the mouse is designed for use on older USB2 ports, and such a port can supply up to 0.5 A current total to all devices on that port. Now most simple mice use much less than that, but this mouse has extras like LED lights. So IF you are using some sort or USB Hub or Splitter to connect this mouse PLUS some other items to a single computer USB2 port, there may not be enough power for them all. Connecting that mouse directly to its own USB2 port by itself would solve this issue in that case.

Once that is done, you MIGHT find this procedure useful. On occasion I have found the USB2 system can get confused if several USB2 devices have been connected and them moved and re-connected to other ports. So this will tell it to "forget" some of those, and then re-introduce them to be found again.

1. Make sure you know where to find the driver for your mouse - maybe on a disk that came with it, or on-line from its maker. You might have to download it and put it on a USB stick.

2. Use the search window at bottom left to get into Device Manger. Expand the Mice and other... list and find YOUR mouse. RIGHT-click on that and choose UNINSTALL this device. Back out of Device Manager and shut down.

3. UNplug your mouse. Boot up and let it finish loading. Now plug in your mouse on its own USB2 port with no other units on that port. The system will pop up a window about having discovered a new device, and will try to install its driver software. IF you can intervene here, tell it NOT to find its own driver but to use the one you have (maybe on a USB stick or in a known location on your system). If you cannot intervene, wait until it does its installation. When it is done, go into Device Manager again and find that mouse, then RIGHT-click on it and choose to Update the driver. This WILL ask you where to find the right driver and you can direct it to the one you have.

Once you have the right driver installed for a mouse at a known location you should be good to go.

Dec 20, 2023
Exactly how / where is the mouse plugged in? I'm thinking there MAY be a power issue here. I expect the mouse is designed for use on older USB2 ports, and such a port can supply up to 0.5 A current total to all devices on that port. Now most simple mice use much less than that, but this mouse has extras like LED lights. So IF you are using some sort or USB Hub or Splitter to connect this mouse PLUS some other items to a single computer USB2 port, there may not be enough power for them all. Connecting that mouse directly to its own USB2 port by itself would solve this issue in that case.

Once that is done, you MIGHT find this procedure useful. On occasion I have found the USB2 system can get confused if several USB2 devices have been connected and them moved and re-connected to other ports. So this will tell it to "forget" some of those, and then re-introduce them to be found again.

1. Make sure you know where to find the driver for your mouse - maybe on a disk that came with it, or on-line from its maker. You might have to download it and put it on a USB stick.

2. Use the search window at bottom left to get into Device Manger. Expand the Mice and other... list and find YOUR mouse. RIGHT-click on that and choose UNINSTALL this device. Back out of Device Manager and shut down.

3. UNplug your mouse. Boot up and let it finish loading. Now plug in your mouse on its own USB2 port with no other units on that port. The system will pop up a window about having discovered a new device, and will try to install its driver software. IF you can intervene here, tell it NOT to find its own driver but to use the one you have (maybe on a USB stick or in a known location on your system). If you cannot intervene, wait until it does its installation. When it is done, go into Device Manager again and find that mouse, then RIGHT-click on it and choose to Update the driver. This WILL ask you where to find the right driver and you can direct it to the one you have.

Once you have the right driver installed for a mouse at a known location you should be good to go.
I'll try this when I run into the issue again. As of right now I don't seem to have the issue after I updated my motherboard's chipset drivers. Thanks for the help though.