Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
Hello everyone , I have a emachine small form factor pc I've been upgrading . As of right now these are the specs :
AMD Athlon ii x2 220 CPU
16 GB DDR3 Kit ( 8x2 )
Emachine Motherboard Model - EL1352 K10 Bridge
R7 350X GPU
Generic PSU ( If it makes a difference i'll be putting a 500w evga psu when I swap towers )
Heres my question , originally when I got this machine I tried to install my OS onto the msata drive that has the sata 3 adapter . The machine wouldn't pick it up though . So I was curious if now that I have the machine up and running would I be able to download some type of driver or something so it will pick up the msata drive ? I figured motherboard was the best suited place to put this as I feel like it revolves around that .

I'll make this into a two parter - I'm planning on upgrading the cpu to a amd phenom x4 945 , my motherboard has the 4pin plug for cpu power which from my understanding means it is rated for a 95W CPU ? If i'm mistaken please let me know .

Thanks for any and all help as always it is very appreciated !

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
The mSata adapter is merely a breakout box to convert to the standard Sata & power ports. There's no drivers needed for it so either your adapter is bad or the mSata is.

You did plug in Sata and a Power cables into it, right?
Yes I plugged in the cables , I always swapped the cables to see if that was the issue , tried the ssd in a different machine . All of which worked in the other machine just not the one in question . Which is why I thought perhaps there was something more to it . So the drive does in fact work . Any other ideas ?