MSFT Edits Laptop Hunter Ad at Apple's Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

compulsionnra

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]aoster87[/nom]Anything to shut up the snobby Mac guy from the "Hello I'm a Mac" commercials.[/citation]

I also loathe those commercials. They are pretty much entirely lies or distorted statements.

son_of_the_kiss

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
realize that macs don't have system crashes as often, and if you looked up the parts Apple use you'd get roughly the same price, which begs the question, what do the PC manufacture's use?

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]son_of_the_kiss[/nom]if you looked up the parts Apple use you'd get roughly the same price, which begs the question, what do the PC manufacture's use?[/citation]
This myth has been busted many times. Do we have to do this again?

Let's use the MacBook's cheapest offering for example.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-13inch.html

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=8EFAD587E2724C6D8A32A8D5048982CF

Oh, and Lenovo regular has extra coupon code discounts. Last week, these Lenovo offerings had an extra $160 discount on top of the online discount.

Oh, it hurts, doesn't it, Apple fanbois?

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]son_of_the_kiss[/nom]realize that macs don't have system crashes as often, and if you looked up the parts Apple use you'd get roughly the same price, which begs the question, what do the PC manufacture's use?[/citation]
This is patently false. I won't defend big name PC manufacturers, but Apple charges a pretty obscene premium to have its Logo and OS on a system. I've compared prices on Mac Pros for example, the gap is huge (when you can actually get info like MoBo model)

son_of_the_kiss

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
might be true, but the macs of today will not have the problem of not being able to use anymore than 2 Tb of memory. besides, if PCs notebooks are that much better why is it that so many things are done on macs instead of PCs

son_of_the_kiss

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]This myth has been busted many times. Do we have to do this again?Let's use the MacBook's cheapest offering for example.http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-13inch.htmlhttp://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary [...] D5048982CFOh, and Lenovo regular has extra coupon code discounts. Last week, these Lenovo offerings had an extra $160 discount on top of the online discount.Oh, it hurts, doesn't it, Apple fanbois?[/citation]

please note the fact that most of the stuff that little mac has inside are built so that it works for the consumer.

[citation][nom]son_of_the_kiss[/nom]might be true, but the macs of today will not have the problem of not being able to use anymore than 2 Tb of memory. besides, if PCs notebooks are that much better why is it that so many things are done on macs instead of PCs[/citation]

That’s not entirely true. Windows based PC’s can use much more than 2TB. The 2TB limit only applies to partitions which have the MBR. Who in their right mind would ever install the OS on a 2TB partition?

Please give examples of what things are done on Macs that are not done on PCs to a greater extent. With +90% market share, the world runs on Windows.

son_of_the_kiss

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
the world does not run on windows, the internet itself is Linux. let's see, Bill Gate's house was designed on a mac (i find this ironic), a lot of computer modeling -mainly hypercars- are done on macs, and last time i checked (as bad as vista is) vista runs better on a mac.

son_of_the_kiss

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]rwpritchett[/nom]That’s not entirely true. Windows based PC’s can use much more than 2TB. The 2TB limit only applies to partitions which have the MBR. Who in their right mind would ever install the OS on a 2TB partition?Please give examples of what things are done on Macs that are not done on PCs to a greater extent. With +90% market share, the world runs on Windows.[/citation]

oh and in case you didn't know, most photoshop professionals use macs and they do keep a portfolio. mac pro can go 4 Tb

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
[citation][nom]son_of_the_kiss[/nom]might be true, but the macs of today will not have the problem of not being able to use anymore than 2 Tb of memory. besides, if PCs notebooks are that much better why is it that so many things are done on macs instead of PCs[/citation]

Its called a great Marketing Department and what are these so many things that are done on MACs INSTEAD of PC's because it sure isnt multi media. Apple lost a huge chunk of that years ago.

You cant even get 3d Studio Max for the Mac and ZBrush and Autodesk Maya just finally came out with a version for Macs, Adobe also hasnt released a version of Photoshop that can use more then 4GB of RAM for OSX but they put a priority on releasing it for Windows. So why would Adobe do that? A bigger market is the answer.

BTW, Whats the best Graphics Configuration you can get on a Mac Pro right now today? 4x NVidia Geforce GT 120's (which is a renamed 9500GT)or one ATI Radeon HD 4870. Certainly not the best for Multimedia.

I really love the MAC fan boys, their retorts always lack any real knowledge of the hardware involved.

son_of_the_kiss

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]Its called a great Marketing Department and what are these so many things that are done on MACs INSTEAD of PC's because it sure isnt multi media. Apple lost a huge chunk of that years ago. You cant even get 3d Studio Max for the Mac and ZBrush and Autodesk Maya just finally came out with a version for Macs, Adobe also hasnt released a version of Photoshop that can use more then 4GB of RAM for OSX but they put a priority on releasing it for Windows. So why would Adobe do that? A bigger market is the answer. BTW, Whats the best Graphics Configuration you can get on a Mac Pro right now today? 4x NVidia Geforce GT 120's (which is a renamed 9500GT)or one ATI Radeon HD 4870. Certainly not the best for Multimedia.I really love the MAC fan boys, their retorts always lack any real knowledge of the hardware involved.[/citation]

not all people use computers to watch stuff, there is actual computing going on. read the other posts. as far as benchmarking goes, Apple optimize everything they release so you don't need to clock your system so that it can do what it's supposed to do besides most if not all software built for the PC is 32 bit which never use all 4Gb of RAM, only 64 bit systems are capable of that and last time i checked only Apple and some Linux distributions use 64 bit as the base of operations. and i'm a computer engineering student.

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]son_of_the_kiss[/nom]the world does not run on windows, the internet itself is Linux. let's see, Bill Gate's house was designed on a mac (i find this ironic), a lot of computer modeling -mainly hypercars- are done on macs, and last time i checked (as bad as vista is) vista runs better on a mac.[/citation]

You are out of your mind. How in the wide world of sports can Vista run better on a Mac? The hardware in PCs and Macs is IDENTICAL so you have just proven how utterly biased you are. Go worship Steve Jobs on your own time and stop trolling.

son_of_the_kiss

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
oh and i perfectly understand the merit of the PC, i just get sick of having to manually do OS maintenance and downloading things to keep the damned thing running properly

son_of_the_kiss

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]mactruck[/nom]You are out of your mind. How in the wide world of sports can Vista run better on a Mac? The hardware in PCs and Macs is IDENTICAL so you have just proven how utterly biased you are. Go worship Steve Jobs on your own time and stop trolling.[/citation]

it was proven in a magazine like last year, i can't recall the name of it, but i'm pretty sure it's still floating around on the tubes.
and yes i am out of my mind, i pay the premium so that i don't have to worry about the fact that in about 3 years my computer will not be able to run some of the more advanced software because my manufacturer refuses to publish firmware upgrades till 70% of their consumers complain about it

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]son_of_the_kiss[/nom]please note the fact that most of the stuff that little mac has inside are built so that it works for the consumer.[/citation]You mean that Lenovo's LED-backlit screen isn't built for consumers?

Get over it! The only things different from a Mac to a "PC" are the Operating System and the motherboard bios which lock the system to only be able to use Apple-licensed hardware.

Tell me how else Foxconn Mobo for the Apple is different from a Foxconn Mobo for the general PC. Tell me how else an Intel processor for the Apple functions differently than on a general PC. Tell how a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M is different for a Mac than it is for a general PC. Tell me how Crucial's RAM modules on a Apple are different than its modules on a general PC. Tell me!

We can go all day at this and you will never win. Face it, Apple charges more for a license and a logo. It's a marketing SCAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS