[SOLVED] MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER with Intel Core i7-4790K

Aug 30, 2020
Hello,
I'm about to get a GPU, 1660 SUPER. My CPU is a Intel Core i7-4790K.
Will it match or should I worry about compatibility issues ?
I'm also totally unable to choose a 1660 super among the different brands (Gygabite, MSI,..) .
Is there any serious difference between brands ? what should I get ? (i'm limited in price, but they are around 290euros - 300$ i suppose)

thank you!

Solution
The card has no compatibility issues with a CPU. It is the PSU that might be an issue if too small or too cheap.
As far as best... I have no preference. So far, I've never bought a bad card (new), no matter the brand. And I buy a lot. I usually look for the one(s) with the highest out-of-box clock/boost clock. Evga is a good choice simply because they seem to have the best warranty if that is an issue with you.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The card has no compatibility issues with a CPU. It is the PSU that might be an issue if too small or too cheap.
As far as best... I have no preference. So far, I've never bought a bad card (new), no matter the brand. And I buy a lot. I usually look for the one(s) with the highest out-of-box clock/boost clock. Evga is a good choice simply because they seem to have the best warranty if that is an issue with you.

Solution