Question MSI laptop boot loops on battery power and restarts randomly on a/c power ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishant0462

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2016
In March 2022, my 4 year old MSI GP62 8RE stopped booting on battery power. It would go into boot loop which forced me to use the AC adapter to use the laptop all the time. But for the past few weeks when I'm using the laptop on AC power it will randomly restart out of nowhere.
My battery percentage is shown over 90% all the time in Windows.
Could it be a battery issue or a motherboard power delivery issue?

Lutfij

Titan
Seems to me like the motherboard in your laptop might be having trouble dealing with power(it's power circuitry might be compromised). Did you replace the battery with a genuine part? Also, does your laptop have any BIOS versions pending update? Which Windows are you working with?

Nishant0462

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2016
Seems to me like the motherboard in your laptop might be having trouble dealing with power(it's power circuitry might be compromised). Did you replace the battery with a genuine part? Also, does your laptop have any BIOS versions pending update? Which Windows are you working with?
  1. I haven't changed the battery yet it is the one that came with the laptop originally
  2. My bios is on the latest version.
  3. Windows 10 but I have reinstalled windows twice already didn't help
Also sorry for the late reply I forgot I posted here :p

Also if the problem is in the motherboard is my only option to get a new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.