BobMcSmith

Honorable
Feb 28, 2017
Hello!
I recently purchased a new graphics card, and now I'm buying a 144hz monitor. I'm comparing 4 MSI monitors right now as they are all pretty cheap on Newegg. I'm just wondering what the main differences between them are, and which one is the "best."
Thanks!

Optix G24C
Optix MAG24C
Optix MAG241C
Optix MAG240VC

Solution
Technical specs differences (condensed and removed similarities):
G24CMAG241CMAG24CMAG240VC
SVA
sRGB 110%
Brightness: 250
VA
sRGB 115%
Brightness:300
VA
sRGB 110%
VA
sRGB 110%
Brightness:250

Everything else is pretty much the same, but the G24C was made by Samsung. That's a "specification" techical data sheet side.

On a personal note, I have the MAG241C and I love it.

EDIT: Got 241C and 24C columns wrong way round.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Technical specs differences (condensed and removed similarities):
G24CMAG241CMAG24CMAG240VC
SVA
sRGB 110%
VA
sRGB 115%
Brightness:300
VA
sRGB 110%
VA
sRGB 110%
Brightness:250

Everything else is pretty much the same, but the G24C was made by Samsung. That's a "specification" techical data sheet side.

On a personal note, I have the MAG241C and I love it.

EDIT: Got 241C and 24C columns wrong way round.

Solution

BobMcSmith

Honorable
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks for your response! I do wonder though, if all of the specs are the same for the other three, why even have the other models? Is there some big difference in features or something?

BobMcSmith

Honorable
Feb 28, 2017
No problem at all sir! Happy gaming with whichever monitor you choose.
Hello again! Sorry to post on the already answered forum, but I've been doing more research on these, and I've seen reviews of the 241C say that it has horrible ghosting and that the other models are better, or reviews that the G24C has bad flickering and the other models are better, or that the MAG24C has lots of bleeding back light. I do take these with a grain of salt, and I understand that these are mostly opinions, and there could be nothing to back up these claims, but do you know of anything that would actually validate these claims, like that the 24C does legitimately bleed a lot or the 241C has worse ghosting? Again, sorry to bother you, but thanks for hopefully responding.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I also heard lots of problems about 241C ghosting - and in my current set up, I have had no issue - I also struggle to substantiate them, as it's usually a problem from slow response time, all of these are 1ms, so it certainly isn't in the bracket of monitors that should have ghosting, unless perhaps you've configured it incorrectly, not used displayport/DVI or configured your application settings incorrectly.

Can't speak for the others as I haven't owned them.

Last edited:

BobMcSmith

Honorable
Feb 28, 2017
I also heard lots of problems about 241C ghosting - and in my current set up, I have had no issue - I also struggle to substantiate them, as it's usually a problem from slow response time, all of these are 1ms, so it certainly in the bracket of monitors that should have ghosting, unless perhaps you've configured it incorrectly, not used displayport/DVI or configured your application settings incorrectly.

Can't speak for the others as I haven't owned them.
Well thanks for the info, I just wish I could find out the validity of the other claims somehow.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's just my opinion, but I would sooner say those who have experienced ghosting have had inappropriate monitor and application settings at the time, as you only usually get bad ghosting in slow response times, and the MSI OSD models have an input response time changer, so they may not have set it correctly. But youtube video reviews can help more.

BobMcSmith

Honorable
Feb 28, 2017
Thank you so mich for all of your help, I really appreciate it! If you care to know, I ended up going with the G24C. After a while of thinking, because the specs are really the same, it was a the cheapest, and I personally thought it looked the best. Anyway, thanks again!