[SOLVED] MSI MPG 2490 motherboard wont boot

Apr 9, 2021
Hey guys I built a PC and when it powers on everything run,s the motherboard lights up and my fans run. But the motherboard wont go into BIOS. What could the problem be?

Solution
Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor
Lets back up a bit.
What motherboard MAG Z490 their several different.
Remove the drives, remove the USB thumb drive, Known working USB keyboard plugged into a USB 2.0 port, no video card is stated so I would think built in graphics using a known good cable not using a adapter.
24 pin connector connected, at least the 8 pin CPU connector connected, memory is in the proper slots as per the motherboard manual.

All of the above then press the power button and spam delete.

Still nothing reset CMOS again in the motherboard manual and try again.

EDIT some boards have little LED's or a error code display for CPU, memory, VGA failure, refer to your motherboard manual.
If you...
Apr 9, 2021
What are you saying? There is no video? The folks here need more info...
the monitor comes on and says no signal. Press delete over and over to go into bios but it never does. I have windows 10 on usb plugged in.

my build includes:
i5 cpu
cooler master liquid ML240L
MSI MPG z490
ADATA XPG Z1 16 GB
Western digital SN750 500 GB
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
Corsair CXM 650

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor
Lets back up a bit.
What motherboard MAG Z490 their several different.
Remove the drives, remove the USB thumb drive, Known working USB keyboard plugged into a USB 2.0 port, no video card is stated so I would think built in graphics using a known good cable not using a adapter.
24 pin connector connected, at least the 8 pin CPU connector connected, memory is in the proper slots as per the motherboard manual.

All of the above then press the power button and spam delete.

Still nothing reset CMOS again in the motherboard manual and try again.

EDIT some boards have little LED's or a error code display for CPU, memory, VGA failure, refer to your motherboard manual.
If you have none of these you can buy a speaker for beep codes for about 4 bucks.

Last edited:
Solution