Question MSI MPG 321URX vs MPG 271QRX (4k 240 vs 2k 360)

Malakai432

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Hello Tom's Team,

I've had some great guidance in the past on this forum. I have a small dilemma with regards to a monitor upgrade. Currently I'm using a 27" LG Ultra Gear 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor and plan on upgrade. I'm kind of leaning either towards the MSI MPG 4k 240hz OLED and the 2k 360hz OLED. The 321URX's are kind of hard to find right now and I'm also open to other options in terms of glossy monitors, that will be used in a fairly dark room.

I don't really game competatively and probably wouldn't even come close to hitting 4k @ 240 and/or 2k @ 360 with any of the games I play. I mainly play story based games, Fromsoftware games but also like solid single player FPS games. I'm interested in Dragon's Dogma 2, Black Myth, STALKER SoC, I've been playing a lot of Shadow of the Erdtree of late.

Regardless moving to OLED should still be a good upgrade and we do have OLED C3's in our house but they're not ideal for PC gaming the way they're setup. Mainly for console, movies, sports, ect.

Question:
My question is with my specs below should I stay at 2k, or move up to 4k? Also, if anyone has any other recommendations on glossy OLEDs that would be suitable for a dark room I'm open for ideas but I do like the MSI lineup. I do like raytracing for certain games, haven't tried path tracing on anything yet so I know all that makes a significant performance impact.

Current Specs:
GPU: RTX 4080 Super FE
CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D
Mobo: MSI Mag Tomahawk x570 Wifi
RAM: 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600
Cooler: NZXT Kracken
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1TB OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 2TB Secondary Drive