MSI P55A-G55 Starcraft 2 stuttering

leb

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Hi, I recently built and I have some stutter issues when playing games, which my local retailer thinks are caused by my MIS P55A-G55 motherboard.

Starcraft 2 has the most stutter. For example, when i make my first SCV or place my first barracks, the game freezes for about 2 seconds. It subsequently freezes on each new type of building or unit getting out.

It used to have stutter only in mid-game, but I recently updated my sound drivers because I had to reconnect the mic and run a test hardware each time i restarted the computer. The realtek up to date drivers fixed the mic problem, but brought in more stuttering. This led me to think it was caused by onboard sound. I used to think it was a video card issue and I already tried another brand and the problem still persists.

Tech support at MSI suggested it was caused by poor Windows XP driver support and that I should upgrade to Windows 7.

Do you think this is possible ?

Thanks.

P55A-G55 bios 1.0
Intel Core i7-860
Kingston ValueRam 4Gb 1333Mhz
Asus ENGTX 460 DirectCU TOP (the overclocked version)
Sirtec High Power 750W PSU
WD Caviar 320GB HD
Windows XP Pro SP2

leb

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Anyone has an idea to help me ?

I updated XP to SP3, reinstalled directx and my video and sound drivers. Problem persists.

I posted in the motherboard forum because my retailer think this is the problem. Is there a way to check if my MB is really the problem ?